• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Only NEWSSTAND Issues - Bringing the Bar Codes

120 posts in this topic

Over the past year there has been a lot of discussion on the boards about newsstand issues - why they exist, why people look for them, how hard they are to find relative to the direct editions, etc., etc. So I decided to take a look through my comic piles and I found some newsies (as no one calls them), then I looked again and found some more.

Then I looked on eBay and realized two things - first, a worthless copper/modern that happens to be a newsstand issue is still a worthless copper/modern; and second, that Chuck Rozanski is insane for newsstand issues, just crazy!

It's too late for me to turn back now, I've identified and scanned a big pile of newsstand issues and I'm unleashing them here. Some are awful, some are marginally okay, and a rare few may actually be desirable.

:rulez: Rules: Payment by Paypal only. Shipping as follows: for U.S. buyers 1-3 comics for $4.00, 4+ comics to be determined based upon weight, destination and method of service. I will ship medial mail if you like. International bidders are welcome, but be prepared to pay actual shipping and be careful, just because the comics are cheap doesn't mean the shipping will be; please inquire beforehand if you have any concerns. Those on the PL or in the HOS are not permitted to buy. If you are on ignore, you cannot buy. If you are on my personal list, you cannot buy.

:takeit: in the thread rules all.

Returns - I will accept returns if notified within 2 weeks of your receipt of the item along with the reason for your return.

Feeling crappy? Thread crapping is encouraged!

That's about it. Good luck!

Cool thread. Have you noticed the news stand versions have a completely different color to them on some books? I noticed it on more than a few.

Thanks (thumbs u

I haven't noticed color differences between newsstands and direct. I have seen color variations from one copy to another regardless of newsstand or direct edition, which I think is a matter of where the book is in the print run and whether the colors are holding through the run. But it wouldn't surprise me to hear that some issues have color variances between newsstand and direct edition.

What I found interesting is the ratio between newsstand and direct editions over time. In the early 80s they seem to be equally common but by the mid-90s and beyond it seems to be a 5:1 or even 10:1 ratio between direct and newsstand copies. A function of the marketplace and interesting to see.