• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The timeless battle... MARVEL vs. DC, vote !

Which?  

381 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

28 posts in this topic

I'd say Marvel in silver and bronze, but D.C. from copper on. My personal cut-off is the intro of the Beyonder...took me a while to realize, but I was buying Marvel on momentum but truly getting my enjoyment from Titans, Justice League, Blue Beetle, Ostrander's Suicide Squad, Peter David's Aquaman, etc.

I use Secret Wars 2 as the cut-off date for the Marvel Universe that started in 1961. :(

Everything after that I think as a what-if story!

It continues to amaze me how few Marvel books I am buying right now. ( it is 2 if anyone cares to know ). I look through the previews and it is extremely obvious that their target market no longer includes me. I also cancelled my longest standing pull recently: Hulk. I started buying Hulk when I was 5 years old in 1970. Now that they have killed off Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho is the current Hulk I am done.

DC's new 52 was pretty good, and I had purchased very few DC's before then but decided to give it a try and found I enjoyed most of the titles I bought.

DC all the way.

Though I started collecting comics with GI Joe and Transformers around 84. From there I got into X-Men, ASM, Captain America, FF and the Avengers. In the early 90s Death of Superman, Knightfall and the Waid's Flash pulled me into the DC camp. I did try some Marvel books when I got back into collecting in 2014 after quitting for almost 15 years, still can't really get into most of them. Though I do read Star Wars and a few others in Marvel Unlimited. DC however it was like I never left, so good to be back.

Though I will say, silver age ASM and FF are really good reads compared to most of DC's early 60s stuff.