• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cliff Chiang PAPER GIRLS art sale (UPDATE 1/12/17)

4 posts in this topic

We're very excited to announce that original art from Cliff Chiang's PAPER GIRLS will be available for sale tomorrow, Wednesday January 4th, at 12PM (NOON) PST! Winner of the 2016 Eisner Award for Best Artist and Best New Series!

Over the last year, we've gotten more requests for PAPER GIRLS than any other art. Well, thankfully, Cliff has finally relented! He is releasing two complete issues for sale. This will be the ONLY art available for now. He hasn't decided if he'll release any more yet. So good luck tomorrow!

As well, we're adding the limited edition giclee PAPER GIRLS print to the site tomorrow with the original art. It's printed on archival ink on acid-free stock and measures a whopping 13"X24"! Signed and numbered to 100.

Paper+Girls+13x24+PRINT.jpg

And if you haven't seen it already, here's the video we shot with Cliff where he draws a great PAPER GIRLS pinup:

Thanks and enjoy!

Felix

www.felixcomicart.com

First off, Cliff Chiang and I thank you all for the tremendous response to our PAPER GIRLS sale! We listed two complete issues and have sold out of almost every single page! I wasn't kidding when I said PAPER GIRLS was our most requested art of the past year or so...amazing!

As those of you who have asked are aware, Cliff has been reluctant to sell the art. PAPER GIRLS is his first creator-owned project and he's very attached to it. As well, it represents a career high point, having won the Eisner Award for both Best Artist and New Series for it.

That's really why it took him a while to be OK with letting some of it go. At this point, he's still not sure if he wants to break up any more issues. However, I've told him that I do sell a lot of complete issues for the other artists. He likes the idea of issues being kept together.

So...if anyone is interested in a complete issue, please write me ASAP. As always, I can arrange time payments. I've sold almost 30 complete issues in the short time we've been around. As someone who owns a few complete issues, I will say again that there's nothing like having your own personal Artist's Edition of a favorite series.

Look forward to chatting!

Felix

www.felixcomicart.com

3 pages shy of FIVE complete issues sold since last week. Wow. Thanks to all for checking out the art. For those who are still interested, please sign up for the newsletter on my site. The next issue, #11, comes out in February and I'll have more to report then. Thanks!