• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 in demand SA books for 2017?

42 posts in this topic

What 5 books do you think will be the in most demand in 2017?

My list:

AF15 (Spidey will always be king)

SC4 (this book is scarce so demand will outpace supply)

SC22 (scarce but yet still very affordable)

Action Comics 252 (scarce but yet still very affordable)

FF1 (Has taken a back seat in the last few years but that can't last forever)

Are you partial to A252? (tsk)

I own a copy but then I also own a SC22 and a AF15. The other 2 books I do not own. Pretty hard to make my top 5 without some books I own. I am sure most will have a few they own in their top 5. I do believe A252 will be in strong demand and I would say this even if I did not own one.

I also own BB28, Hulk 1, X-Men 1, JIM 83 and so on but I did not list them in my top 5 for 2017.

I own a copy but then I also own a SC22 and a AF15. The other 2 books I do not own. Pretty hard to make my top 5 without some books I own. I am sure most will have a few they own in their top 5. I do believe A252 will be in strong demand and I would say this even if I did not own one.

I also own BB28, Hulk 1, X-Men 1, JIM 83 and so on but I did not list them in my top 5 for 2017.

Just picking on you. I agree. I think 252 is soaring up.

Just picking on you. I agree. I think 252 is soaring up.

Maybe that should be on an under-valued silver keys list instead of most in demand. Although I guess those aren't mutually exclusive.

Hulk 1, SC 4, AF 15, FF 1 and ASM 1 for me. Just don't see another D.C. knocking Spidey 1 or Hulk 1 off the list.

I do not mean knocking another book off the list I mean just simply a book more in demand than another in 2017. I know SC22 will not surpass Hulk 1 in the top 50 rankings it will never happen. But to me Hulk 1 was more in demand in 2015 than 2016 this is what I mean when I say more in demand for a single year.

Personally I see Hulk 1 and BB28 in my top 5 for 2018 (movies will be released).

As far as AF15 goes it will always be in my top 5 no matter the year.

I had to give FF1 a chance it in my opinion slowed down a lot over the last few years so maybe 2017 will be a year FF1 gets a boost.

Action 252 has had a good run already, hard to say if it will continue. On the other hand there are a number of other DC's that have a great potential. I have always been surprised that Adventure Comics 300 hasn't had a stronger demand. The book literally has everything going for it. It has a classic (iconic even) cover, the Legion gets it's own series, and it is really tough in higher grades.

Action 252 is a real tough book to locate (in CGC 6.0 and higher but even in lower grades as well) since I purchased my CGC 6.5 almost a year ago I have only seen one higher copy come up for sale a CGC 8.0 that sold very fast for a bit over 15 000$ on ComicLink. Even lower end copies seem to sell almost right away when one hits the market.

I feel Action Comics 225 and 242 also deserve a descent bump in 2017 (and no I do not own either one but maybe someday).

Guys try to post your top 5 that way we can get more into debates.

I don't see how Action 252 is scare or even rare. I started on silver keys last year and decided to wait on this one because there were always a ton of em. Right now there's 30+ on ebay.

I believe they were referring to 6.0 or higher though. Nice collection in your sig line by the way. (thumbs u

I don't see how Action 252 is scare or even rare. I started on silver keys last year and decided to wait on this one because there were always a ton of em. Right now there's 30+ on ebay.

I thought the same thing but using the original list look at the census numbers (for all grades):

AF15 - 2627

SC4 - 377

SC22 - 760

Action Comics 252 - 663

FF1 - 1820

Just shows that something being rare doesn't necessarily mean its in demand. The low grade prices, as a percentage of their high grade counterpart prices (say a 9.4), is much higher with the rarer books.

The password is 'high grade'. :gossip:

In an attempt to choose outside the box, I'll go with Doctor Solar #1. First original Gold Key character and superhero. Cover art by a member of the science fiction hall of fame. Scarce in high grade. The 'demand' will never approach that of the big name superhero first issues, of course, but the supply is low and the novelty and cool factor underappreciated.