• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Superboy 37-war trimming

13 posts in this topic

I just sold some books to Brian Peets and he was intrigued by a Superboy 37 that had 4 pages cut out after staple-12 pages in front and 8 pages after staple-he said they did this for wartime to save paper but this book was printed in 1954. Anyone have any input on this? I did ask him to join the boards but he said he's far too busy. He said they also printed books with one staple to save metal-how many staples it took to make one battleship I have no idea.

If they were really serious they would have said 'we were gonna print Superman #4 but to save paper and staples, we're not gonna.

If they were really serious they would have said 'we were gonna print Superman #4 but to save paper and staples, we're not gonna.

Fair.

Did they go back to multiple staples for Superman #5?

Grand comics database is your friend for page counts.

Saved money. Fewer pages still 10c

can you elaborate?

Grand comics database is your friend for page counts.

Saved money. Fewer pages still 10c

can you elaborate?

He can..... but he charges extra for that. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The only raw book I ever owned that displayed that feature was from 1944. I've never even heard of a book from post WWII having the appearance of cut-out pages.

I never knew whether they actually cut out pages or whether they printed some pages on scrap sheets that were only wide enough to get 4 pages on instead of the usual 8 (using up scrap material, in other words). The books had dropped from 68 pages down to 60, so I don't know why they would cut out pages instead of just including one less folio (7 plus the cover instead of 8 plus the cover.)