• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Law suit action comics #1

9 posts in this topic

it IS the wonderman copyright infringement copy called the court copy,and i can tell you for a FACT that it is restored,it is however a very historically significant book in more ways than one..i also believe this book was used to crush capt marvel out of exsistance in a copyright infringement case many year s later..the big red cheese is now called shazam!

It is a difficult thing. How much is it worth? In this book's case, at least to me, it cannot be judged as simply a "comic book". It is a historical document. Rules of restoration need not apply, again in in my opinion. This book was used in about as early a true GA super-hero lawsuit between two publishers as you can get. Again, in my opinion, this book is no longer simple a "comic book". Restored or not, this book's provenance goes beyond simple comic book collecting.

To bring things back into real comic book world, would one consider the typewriter or pen or whatever used by Jerry Siegel to write the first Superman book of the same value as any other writing tool from that period? Or the drawing instruments of Schuster in rendering nthe first Superman?

It is a fascinating idea. I tend to think that such a book, restored or not, low grade or high, brings with it a provenance that is at the least intriquiing. And also, with such muddies waters, a value that is difficult to determine.

Such is Pov, Pov's brain and Pov's brain on rum.

It is a difficult thing. How much is it worth? In this book's case, at least to me, it cannot be judged as simply a "comic book". It is a historical document. Rules of restoration need not apply, again in in my opinion. This book was used in about as early a true GA super-hero lawsuit between two publishers as you can get. Again, in my opinion, this book is no longer simple a "comic book". Restored or not, this book's provenance goes beyond simple comic book collecting.

To bring things back into real comic book world, would one consider the typewriter or pen or whatever used by Jerry Siegel to write the first Superman book of the same value as any other writing tool from that period? Or the drawing instruments of Schuster in rendering nthe first Superman?

It is a fascinating idea. I tend to think that such a book, restored or not, low grade or high, brings with it a provenance that is at the least intriquiing. And also, with such muddies waters, a value that is difficult to determine.

Such is Pov, Pov's brain and Pov's brain on rum.

Or "Pov's brain-RUMmblings" poke2.gif