• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Fantastic Four #1 GRR

9 posts in this topic

Another non-pro chiming in.

Think it knocks it into the 6.0 to 6.5 range, a 9.4-ish book with this kind of moderate dink (or two, in this case). But maybe 7.0? Wouldn't think so, but could be dead wrong.

Ditto. (thumbs u

Another non-pro chiming in.

Think it knocks it into the 6.0 to 6.5 range, a 9.4-ish book with this kind of moderate dink (or two, in this case). But maybe 7.0? Wouldn't think so, but could be dead wrong.

Ditto. (thumbs u

I agree and for me 6.5. I wouldn't go to 7.0. The right edge abrasion can be equated to a chip/tear, but the small hole in the surface of the cover is worse because it is ragged like a tear and impacting the central image, albeit in this case not a big eye sore. Since the book retains exceptional eye appeal, imo max 6.5 2c

Nice book, I love those Golden Record Reprints. Ouch, I wonder how this happened ? It's more of an impact blow rather than a tear. I believe these comics were inside the seal of the record = sliding around, not much to protect it. Maybe the record was dropped.

Anyway, I concur with a 6.5, maybe a 7.0 . It's one of those books that otherwise looks so nice you want to give it the highest grade possible. I don't think it's worth sending it to CGC.

Nice book, I love those Golden Record Reprints. Ouch, I wonder how this happened ? It's more of an impact blow rather than a tear. I believe these comics were inside the seal of the record = sliding around, not much to protect it. Maybe the record was dropped.

Anyway, I concur with a 6.5, maybe a 7.0 . It's one of those books that otherwise looks so nice you want to give it the highest grade possible. I don't think it's worth sending it to CGC.

The only way this damage could have happened was while it was still sealed, shelf or rack damage 2c , they were just thrown in on the back of the record and shrink wrapped, not put in the record sleeve doh!

3k7oaeN.jpga4KPtW3.jpgKwAXuak.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. :)

Seems to me that in a case like this, you could be looking at a qualified label. From the way these were packaged, both defects were probably from the same trauma. Reducing the grade to 6.5/7.0 seems overly punitive.

hm