• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,655 posts in this topic

I finally got around to scanning some of my Billy Wright books. This one is very sweet and I thought I'd post the cert that Heritage is providing. I'm not sure I've seen one posted yet.

Wings3cert.jpg

:applause: Very cool!

Edited by Rip

7342971476_969dc89d3f_z.jpg

I like this cover and fortunately it has been stored properly which reduces fading.

It looks like Baker had touched it up.

Interior story seems like Baker pencils.

Edited by BB-Gun

Here's an oddball Fiction House -

WarBirds2.jpg

Never seen that title before - I assume it was out towards the end of the FH period? Looks very similar to many of the late run Wings.

Nice copy S. this planet isn't so rare as overstreet stated seen a lot of copies out there

Thnx jack - it's cool to see all these Planet 8's.

I'm guessing that Planet 6 - and maybe the Planet 10? - are the toughest of the first ten issues (I've seen a handful of Planet 5's, which is still a tough book).

I got my copy from kelholt. Old label with poor PQ. A resub would probably get C/OW.

PlanetComics8.jpg

I wanted to submit and never got around to it. I agree with you that c/ow is a great possibility since (in my opinion) old label books were judged almost too strict on PQ.

I'm guessing that Planet 6 - and maybe the Planet 10? - are the toughest of the first ten issues (I've seen a handful of Planet 5's, which is still a tough book).

For Planet 1-10, the list below shows what I have found to be true over the time I have collected Planets...

6 and 10 are the hardest to find, definitely 1a

5 is also difficult, almost like a 1b

8 is next on the list

All above are difficult, but the other six books are about equal in rarity with #1 being the easiest to find. None of Planet 1-10's are super plentiful, but can be very very difficult to find in F/VF and above.

For Planet 1-10, the list below shows what I have found to be true over the time I have collected Planets...

6 and 10 are the hardest to find, definitely 1a

5 is also difficult, almost like a 1b

8 is next on the list

All above are difficult, but the other six books are about equal in rarity with #1 being the easiest to find. None of Planet 1-10's are super plentiful, but can be very very difficult to find in F/VF and above.

My thoughts (and experience) precisely. (thumbs u

I just mentioned the Planet 5 and 6 because those are the two listed as scarce in the Guide. I would add Planet 10 to the scarce list.