• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
27 27

9,665 posts in this topic

591158221_o.jpg

Welcome aboard Bart!

As a long time aviation geek and model builder, one of the things I find interesting about Wings is the range of accuracy with which the aircraft are drawn. Some are pretty mediocre - the Avenger torpedo bomber on one of your others, for example. But sometimes they are really well done. This drawing of the back end of a B-17 is one of my favourites. The P-51 with the bird feathers is also pretty good (if you ignore the paintwork lol ).

Nice, .5. A great cover and great copy to have :applause:

I am remedying my weak Jumbo collection, trying to pick up issues here and there, including this Zolnerowich cover -

Jumbo48.jpg

So hard to find fresh copies from this period! The blues in particular rarely stay this fresh, even when the reds/oranges do.

Great catch Michaël! :applause:

Since Fight #37 was mentioned in the Comicconnect thread, here's my copy. :) A pickup from Harley awhile back, and I don't think I posted it before.

fight37.jpg

Nice book Jon - one of the more striking covers that stands out from the common ruck! My impression is that it is also one of the scarcer issues from this period.