• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,655 posts in this topic

Right back at you mate, great cover. :applause: Are those blues as vibrant as they look onscreen?

A little more on the teal, not turquoise, -side on hand (I have bad lighting right now) but certainly the oranges are the same as on the scan.

There's a nice CGC 9.4 copy of Planet 53 coming up for auction (can't remember which) that has the richest colour strike I've ever seen on that book....I really hope one of you ends up with it. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just scanned this somewhat recent acquisition. My first 9.4 for the Planet run. I need to stay out of this grade range. lol

Planet68CGC94.jpg

Very Nice book. (thumbs u

I bid on that one, guess now I know who beat me out.

This is a fun cover, the chicken legs are classic.

PLANET53.jpg

Heritage November ....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That looks to be a nice copy, I too would wonder if it is that nice in hand.

Here is a picture of the nicest copy I have seen of this issue. I do not own this book. I own a very nice copy, but mine is no where near this red. It is one of the coolest covers later in the run.

7126f985.jpg

Just scanned this somewhat recent acquisition. My first 9.4 for the Planet run. I need to stay out of this grade range. lol

Planet68CGC94.jpg

Very Nice book. (thumbs u

I bid on that one, guess now I know who beat me out.

This is a fun cover, the chicken legs are classic.

There is a nice 8.5 in the current CLink auction. You probably already know about it. And 8.5 might be too low for you. :baiting:

Another early Fight added. The only item detracting from a solid copy in hand is the coloring in the logo but that's not something I cast off a book for so I'm pleased. Some neat features in this book with some sci-fi story for Oran and others -

Fight10.jpg

Bright colours on that #10 - very hard to find that vivid.

Here's a scarce one I recently picked up - sorry about the cropped image.

KGrHqVhUE8nzM-TzGBQIHLnHlO60_3-1.jpg

You aren't kidding. That one IS hard to find and it looks like you found a winner with those deep colors.

Bright colours on that #10 - very hard to find that vivid.

Here's a scarce one I recently picked up - sorry about the cropped image.

KGrHqVhUE8nzM-TzGBQIHLnHlO60_3-1.jpg

:applause:

I still have your old copy :foryou:

Fight7.jpg

Interesting to compare the two! Hadnt remembered the reds being so bright on my old copy. It does make me wonder which color palette was intended. It seems with most Fiction House that the intention to use bright primary colors was paramount, and that we all now seem to agree these often faded through the print run.

But sometimes, the layering of colors to produce secondary and tertiary colors suggests that the intention was other, more subtle.

For instance, in the case of Planet #32 there are many copies with a bright unfaded yellow background - yet it would appear that the yellow was an underlayer with a deeper orange overlayed. Variations for this cover can be pretty extreme, with some very dark.

Similarly, now that I see the two copies of Fight #7 together, I wonder if the red is an underlayer with another color -green? - intended to be overlaid to create a sort of mahogany brown. (Planets #13 and #17 also come to mind). Either that or the brown is what happens to the red when it fades.

It's confusing and I cant quite make up my mind either way.

Anyone have any thoughts?