• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walk-thru

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm getting a comic done at a Con as a walk-thru.

This will be a stupid question, how does it work with walk-thrus?

Grading, slabbed, pick-up?

It's getting signed and then dropped off.

When do I get it back?

I'm sure CGC would prefer to ship it to your home address. I'm assuming its a 3 day Con so you drop it off on Friday and it gets shipped to CGC which even at overnight won't get there until Saturday. Not sure if they work on Saturday but if they do then the book can be ready to ship back and probably arrive on Monday after the Con is over which will not do you any good.

CGC (generally) does not ship out books until after the Con ends. So even if the book is dropped off on a Friday it won't be in Florida until Tuesday at the absolute earliest, and thus not shipped back out until Wednesday.

Is the con you are going to in England? Your location says you're in the UK so you should factor in additional time for that as well.

CGC (generally) does not ship out books until after the Con ends. So even if the book is dropped off on a Friday it won't be in Florida until Tuesday at the absolute earliest, and thus not shipped back out until Wednesday.

Is the con you are going to in England? Your location says you're in the UK so you should factor in additional time for that as well.

That isn't correct :shy:

During a con CGC will ship out books every day - for the larger shows, multiple times a day. With the amount of books CGC receives at a show (we're talking 10k+ submissions for something like NYCC), it would be completely unmanageable otherwise ...

Going to c2e2 but live in the UK. Hence the reason for the question.

You may be confusing walk-through grading with onsite grading.

CGC is doing onsite grading for the first time at C2E2 this year - which means that if you submit your book at the show before onsite grading has been cut off, it's guaranteed to be ready for pickup no later than the end of the show on Sunday.

CGC is doing onsite grading for the first time at C2E2 this year - which means that if you submit your book at the show before onsite grading has been cut off, it's guaranteed to be ready for pickup no later than the end of the show on Sunday.

Better get there early unless you can get a dealer badge. I'd think there will be a huge amount of dealer books submitted since it's an early Con in the year and people have been pressing away all winter.

Better get there early unless you can get a dealer badge. I'd think there will be a huge amount of dealer books submitted since it's an early Con in the year and people have been pressing away all winter.

As usual, CGC will limit the amount of dealer submissions so the regular folks will have a chance to submit books for onsite too - but, yeah, doing it first thing is always a great idea :thumbsup:

As usual, CGC will limit the amount of dealer submissions so the regular folks will have a chance to submit books for onsite too - but, yeah, doing it first thing is always a great idea :thumbsup:

2 years ago at Baltimore the CGC booth stopped accepting onsite submissions after an hour or so. Last year it seemed to take a couple hours to fill up - I wonder if the $5 increased has dropped the number of dealer onsite submissions especially since you can't do prescreening.

2 years ago at Baltimore the CGC booth stopped accepting onsite submissions after an hour or so. Last year it seemed to take a couple hours to fill up - I wonder if the $5 increased has dropped the number of dealer onsite submissions especially since you can't do prescreening.

I worked that show for CGC - onsite was stopped, like you said, after about an hour on the first day, then opened up again later that day, closed again, then opened up again for another hour+ the following day.

The problem with onsite in Baltimore is that it's a 3 day show - once you get to the afternoon on the 2nd day of the show CGC has so many books in the queue that there's no way they can accept more and still have them be done by the next day.

The main reason for onsite being open longer than it used to be in the past is that CGC is capping the number of books dealers can submit before the show opens.