• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

very cool, and as it appears, your avatar to boot :P would be neat to have em placed side by side in a uv resistant frame. yeh was wondering when it was rolling around cuz i am hoping for some marketplace action in the coming months hehe.

Speaking of fundraising for San Diego, my battle is with either paying off old credit card debt from past comic purchases or saving for San Diego and Chicago. Trying to balance out the three right now. frustrated.gif

Speaking of fundraising for San Diego, my battle is with either paying off old credit card debt from past comic purchases or saving for San Diego and Chicago. Trying to balance out the three right now. frustrated.gif

You should always pay off debt first. There shouldn't be an issue. If you are paying more than 3% on your debt, pay it off.

You should always pay off debt first. There shouldn't be an issue. If you are paying more than 3% on your debt, pay it off.

Well, now we know who Gene was talking about! foreheadslap.gif

Just got a decent copy of this book. I thought this cover was great the first time I saw it posted on these boards! It's a BA book with a GA feel to it including a pinch of horror!

800297-DetectiveComics%23437.jpg

589a8eba41eaa_800297-DetectiveComics437.jpg.e45784b0e958572267243b3cc58c1b5c.jpg

Since this is not what I consider "real money", more like just "comic money" that floats between the card, Ebay, and conventions it is no big deal. I haven't yet entered my big selling periods where I could sell alot of stuff and pay it off right away. Especially when most of my purchases become at least 100% profit when I sell, paying off the debt and bypassing potential other great money-making deals is not necessarily the best way to go. When you have a business that is growing it is usually in your BEST interest to carry a certain amount of debt for growth. That's what I'm doing. Balancing out new inventory while maintaining a healthy level of debt is a good thing. The only way this could improve is if I was to go on a massive selling spree but I'm still holding off on that until late summer while selling sporatically now to maintain proper debt and cashflow for new inventory. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since this is not what I consider "real money", more like just "comic money" that floats between the card, Ebay, and conventions it is no big deal. I haven't yet entered my big selling periods where I could sell alot of stuff and pay it off right away. Especially when most of my purchases become at least 100% profit when I sell, paying off the debt and bypassing potential other great money-making deals is not necessarily the best way to go. When you have a business that is growing it is usually in your BEST interest to carry a certain amount of debt for growth. That's what I'm doing. Balancing out new inventory while maintaining a healthy level of debt is a good thing. The only way this could improve is if I was to go on a massive selling spree but I'm still holding off on that until late summer while selling sporatically now to maintain proper debt and cashflow for new inventory. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just a joke, I didn't really think he was talking about you... shy.gif

Those are some gorgeous copies! I am especially jealous of the 237 and Tec 402...both of which are on my short list. What knocked the 237 down? Besides the slight miswrap, the corners and front cover in general look perfect. confused-smiley-013.gif

Creepiest Adams cover ever. One of the few by him I have no desire to own.

I agree, I think we talked about that a while back on the horror thread. Last few shows I went to I saw several nice copies of that book that I considered. But I just could not get past that human-seal hybrid so I didn't buy one. I mean geez, I like creepy, but not bizarre-creepy.

Creepiest Adams cover ever. One of the few by him I have no desire to own.

I agree, I think we talked about that a while back on the horror thread. Last few shows I went to I saw several nice copies of that book that I considered. But I just could not get past that human-seal hybrid so I didn't buy one. I mean geez, I like creepy, but not bizarre-creepy.

Yeah, we did talk about this before. I think that cover is one of the most disturbing I have ever seen. It ranks right up there with some of the more vile pre-code horror books. The fact that it is so understated only adds to the weirdness.

Yeah, we did talk about this before. I think that cover is one of the most disturbing I have ever seen. It ranks right up there with some of the more vile pre-code horror books. The fact that it is so understated only adds to the weirdness.

More disturbing and weird is the real thing.....

078600133X.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Nearmint, those are primo books and exactly what I will be looking for at upcoming shows in raw 8.0-9.0. thumbsup2.gif

Sid, I don't know if you're interested, but there's a raw 'tec #404(8.5) and #407(8.0) on my site.

Jeff

Seeing your 9.0 and 8.5 comics made me decide to keep my 9.0 Detective 436 I had listed on eBay. I don't need $15-$20 that bad.

I hate to admit that I fall into the trap of keeping up with the Joneses when it comes to collecting. After reading the 9.2 vs. 9.4 thread last week, I decided to sell my <9.0 "junk" and focus on more impressive comics. Then when I see that 9.0 is good enough for others, I too am OK with it.

Why do we do that!?