• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

I've felt JandScomics have been fairly accurate on grading raw books, but it is kinda hard to tell if that Detective 402 is 9.2 from that scan. Both bottom corners look slightly blunted. I bet it's at least an 8.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif .

That would be one hell of an expensive 8.0 then! 893whatthe.gif Plus it looks like there is a small stain on the right side of the moon.

OSPG is way too low. Any copy over 9.0 would break $100. It's notoriously tough in HG due to the dark cover. Don't people ever check sig-lines and want lists? I would have paid a hell of a lot more than $13! Christo_pull_hair.gif

I love the B&B 102. I remember getting that book at a Woolworth's in Wildwood,NJ, on summer vacation when I was a kid. cloud9.gif

i posted a link in the marketplace and pushed my auctions as best i could

but the book was about a 6.5, not high grade, sharp other than the usual suspects: some stress lines on the spine magnified by the dark cover. perhaps not HG enough for the people here, but someone was happy with their $12.99 purchase (only got one bid).

i posted a link in the marketplace and pushed my auctions as best i could

but the book was about a 6.5, not high grade, sharp other than the usual suspects: some stress lines on the spine magnified by the dark cover. perhaps not HG enough for the people here, but someone was happy with their $12.99 purchase (only got one bid).

Oh, that one was yours? I remember putting it on my watch list and forgetting to bid. 893censored-thumb.gif

hmmm, looking at some completed auctions i guess $13 wasn't so terrible for a mid-grade copy

If yours was about a 7.0, $13 wasn't bad. The insanity starts at tight 8.5s and above.

I'm telling ya its a buyers market more and more on EBAY these days - especially in the RAW 8.0-9.0 range. Of course most of those books are over graded but thats the trick isnt it. grin.gif

I'm telling ya its a buyers market more and more on EBAY these days - especially in the RAW 8.0-9.0 range. Of course most of those books are over graded but thats the trick isnt it. grin.gif

It really is a buyer's market. 25-50% guide is the norm on 7.0-9.0 stuff, which makes for some great deals. I use a simple forumla that works like a charm. If I can't tell the grade definitively from the scan, I drop a full grade off the seller's and bid up to 50% guide. I am disappointed maybe 1 out of 20 times, and very pleased maybe 5 out of 20. Good enough for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

it's not really 25-50% of guide if what you're buying is overgraded by a grade or two.

the problem with the 7.0 - 9.0 stuff is the huge spread between fine and VF and then, NM, which will hammer you if something is even mildly overgraded. when that "VF" turns out to be a fine...

i wonder how things really compare in terms of discount vs. guide when those raw 7.0 - 9.0s are held up to CGC scrutiny and they turn into 5.0s - 8.0s?

anyway, if actually been doing ok with stuff selling for 50-100% of guide via auctions and in my store. slow dime, granted, but when i run auctions it's only 5-15 at a time and I keep up 180 comics in my store. lack of volume is due to my laziness in not listing stuff. i think $13 for that book in that dondition was a lot more than 50% of guide.