• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BA Batman!

496 posts in this topic

I just upgraded a couple of books I've not yet seen posted here.

Good thing I don't mind date stamps. angel.gif

Look for the undercopies to be offered in the Marketplace soon!

tec409.jpg

tec413.jpg

If you love Neal and his Batman (noone has ever done him better in my opinion, no offense to Jim Aparo), pick them up. You won't be sorry.

Scott,

I was looking through that book today too. I think when the first one came out some people were complaining about the coloring but the coloring in this volume was really striking, I thought. Nice to see the Record comics in the volume. Lots of big, bold closeups.

I love Aparo too, but Adams is Adams man, the best.

And on that note.... cloud9.gif

adams2449.jpg

If Adams is the best then why is Batman still wearing pants when Ra's is holding them? devil.gif Red Hooks version of the cover is better.

If you love Neal and his Batman (noone has ever done him better in my opinion, no offense to Jim Aparo), pick them up. You won't be sorry.

Scott,

I was looking through that book today too. I think when the first one came out some people were complaining about the coloring but the coloring in this volume was really striking, I thought. Nice to see the Record comics in the volume. Lots of big, bold closeups.

I love Aparo too, but Adams is Adams man, the best.

And on that note.... cloud9.gif

adams2449.jpg

If Adams is the best then why is Batman still wearing pants when Ra's is holding them? devil.gif Red Hooks version of the cover is better.

"If you look real close, he doesn't have pants on, just the color grey. (heh) Faced with the problem... if they took his tights off... they'd have to take his shorts off. Baaaaad boys. But I wanted Ras to have his whole uniform, not just his shirt p-tah. So why not just his cape and hood? Well that was weenie cause we couldn't show his chest. And I wanted to show his chest ab-solutely. So I drew the pants off but left the shorts on for decency's sake. It WAS a cover. But the bare legs raised more questions than they answered so we colored the legs grey and figured that people would be so stunned by the hair and nipples that they wouldn't notice, and apparently we were right. (Except for you and about 30 thousand others). " -NEAL ADAMS (Fri Aug 05 2005)

So I'm in the market for a Batman 200, I've been checking out Ebay and a few other sites over the past month as its one of the books I'd like to sew up before WonderCon. I just haven't seen many at the last 3 cons I've been too and I already have a few dealers bringing me some other higher ticket books (for me) to look at.

So been a busy week and It just dawned on me I haven't had a look on Ebay this week, so I pop on and hit my search and lo and behold, what pops up.

Batman 200 Oh the Irony foreheadslap.giffrown.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

wow that looks pretty white too. Can this comic keys guy be that bad?

He has a 99.2%? Has anyone tried them in the last few months?

Uh, Ron you reg'd before I did - were you serious, or just playing straight man for Zonker?? If you were halfway serious, please Consult Old Guys sigline and Supa's too. gossip.gif He has been known to Doctor the scans and the books.

Still it saddens me, almost anyone else listed it and I'd be all over that book.

wow that looks pretty white too. Can this comic keys guy be that bad?

He has a 99.2%? Has anyone tried them in the last few months?

Uh, Ron you reg'd before I did - were you serious, or just playing straight man for Zonker?? If you were halfway serious, please Consult Old Guys sigline and Supa's too. gossip.gif He has been known to Doctor the scans and the books.

Still it saddens me, almost anyone else listed it and I'd be all over that book.

I think everyone deserves a 2nd,3rd,4th,5th chance. No?

I bought a batman 200 from comic-keys, before I knew anything about him or these boards. Of course it came back restored. Also the scan was indeed doctored on the ebay listing. He did refund my money, minus the cgc fee that I had to eat. Christo_pull_hair.gif

What was the restoration notation / graders notes if you don't mind posting the info.

I bought a batman 200 from comic-keys, before I knew anything about him or these boards. Of course it came back restored. Also the scan was indeed doctored on the ebay listing. He did refund my money, minus the cgc fee that I had to eat. Christo_pull_hair.gif

What was the restoration notation / graders notes if you don't mind posting the info.

Yeah the notes would be interesting.

let me see Color touch and trimming if I remember rightly. of course it looked nothing like the scan on ebay. There was a smallish (penny-size) sticker that had said .25 cents that had been removed left a mark and had been color touched. It graded out at a 9.2. He had advertised it as NM. the only thing that keeps this from being mint is a small.........insert his usual spiel here.....Stay away. If you don't you only have yourself to blame.

. If you love Neal and his Batman (noone has ever done him better in my opinion, no offense to Jim Aparo),

Scott

As much as i love the Adams Batman books, I think Marshall Rogers did him the best. Anyone else out there agree?

keith

. If you love Neal and his Batman (noone has ever done him better in my opinion, no offense to Jim Aparo),

Scott

As much as i love the Adams Batman books, I think Marshall Rogers did him the best. Anyone else out there agree?

keith

He was pretty damn close - Tec 471 - 476 are comparable with Adams's work.

Scott

keith

Keith,

I agree that Rogers' Batman was the best. At least the 'Tec run...the recent Dark Detective didn't live up to expectations.