• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New original art for sale! Sketch covers by Jon Hughes

24 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I've done some new covers for the first time in a long while, and I thought I'd post them here for you all before displaying them elsewhere. They're all hand drawn with Microns and colored with Prismacolor markers. If you see one that you want, send me a private message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. First come, first serve. I'm letting them all go for $100 each, plus shipping. Thanks for looking!

Magik on an Extraordinary X-Men cover:

Extraordinary_X-Men_Magik_001_zps6ly8wujf.jpg

Colossus on an Extraordinary X-Men cover:

Extraordinary_X-Men_Colossus_001_zpsyw2mybgj.jpg

Beast Boy on a Teen Titans cover:

Teen_Titans_Beast_Boy_001_zpsh0ketopk.jpg

Beta Ray Bill on a Thors cover:

Thors_Beta_Ray_Bill_001_zpsxhnkcsov.jpg

Based on what I learned over in my other post, It appears these would be eligible for CGC green label in their current form. If you want them to be SS series (yellow label) they would need to be picked up under the supervision of a CGC representative OR go through an approved "sketch op" session.

Hope that helps!

Based on what I learned over in my other post, It appears these would be eligible for CGC green label in their current form. If you want them to be SS series (yellow label) they would need to be picked up under the supervision of a CGC representative OR go through an approved "sketch op" session.

Hope that helps!

Actually, they may be eligible for Yellow labels, given that this is the creator of the pieces. He would have to submit them directly to CGC (and not send them to a buyer to submit) along with paperwork that he's the artist and they were under his exclusive control. etc.

Hope that helps!

Actually, they may be eligible for Yellow labels, given that this is the creator of the pieces. He would have to submit them directly to CGC (and not send them to a buyer to submit) along with paperwork that he's the artist and they were under his exclusive control. etc.

What he said!

Haha contact cgc and let them know you are the original artist and would like to submit your books. They will walk you thru the process of submitting them. Or if you attend one of the upcoming bigger cons talk to some of our facilitators here like Rich Henn and he can submit them for you. You'll get a lot more for these is they are Yellow labled and more importantly they will guarantee your signature and artwork!

Hope that helps!

What he said!

Haha contact cgc and let them know you are the original artist and would like to submit your books. They will walk you thru the process of submitting them. Or if you attend one of the upcoming bigger cons talk to some of our facilitators here like Rich Henn and he can submit them for you. You'll get a lot more for these is they are Yellow labled and more importantly they will guarantee your signature and artwork!

but you should also note there is more effort involved in getting them CGC'd, and you may in some cases need to pay the grading fees ahead of time. Additionally, there may be differences in achieved prices depending on the resultant grade of the books, not to mention the fact that it could tie up your inventory and/or your money (or a customer's money) for 1 to 5 months at a time. I'm not saying its a bad idea to get some/all graded or have the option (its probably a good idea overall), just saying there's a lot of things to consider.

Yes, that is what I'm sort of wrestling with right now. I've got rent to pay, and I have these books available, but I think that having the grade already would definitely help move them faster. It's just frustrating not knowing how long it's going to take to get the books back. If it was a simpler process, I'd be all over it.