• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanning issues

28 posts in this topic

Oh, and how thats not at least a 9.2 I'll never know!

you can see the spine stresses from here even with the worms and maybe the back has more. could be a 9.2, but a 9.0 isn't surprising.

of course, that's a moot point, as this is the ultra rare worm variant cover which GPA has at $96K in that condition.

I have tried all the settings on my scanner - HP Scanjet 8250 - and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of the "streaks" on this scan.

I do not have this problem with any other books and I'm thinking it can be either because of the black cover or maybe the way it is sitting inside the well.

Any help would be appreciated.

2uek2np.jpg

Sometimes you can have luck pressing down gently on the back of the slab while scanning. I doubt you'll be able to completely eliminate the glare, but you can probably reduce it.

I did try that when I covered the top of the scanner with a blanket, I put a 3 pound weight on the top but that didn't work either.

Oh, and how thats not at least a 9.2 I'll never know!

you can see the spine stresses from here even with the worms and maybe the back has more. could be a 9.2, but a 9.0 isn't surprising.

of course, that's a moot point, as this is the ultra rare worm variant cover which GPA has at $96K in that condition.

:roflmao:

Jeff, have you tried putting something under the corner just to lift it up a tad. Due to the high level of magnification I think even the slightest adjustment will at least move the diffracted image.

I will give that a try along with moving the book 10 degrees as suggested by Kav.

I have tried all the settings on my scanner - HP Scanjet 8250 - and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get rid of the "streaks" on this scan.

I do not have this problem with any other books and I'm thinking it can be either because of the black cover or maybe the way it is sitting inside the well.

Any help would be appreciated.

2uek2np.jpg

It's inherent in your scanner and there's nothing you can do to fix it. Try downloading the free app from Google called PhotoScan. Using it you'll get great images of your graded comics less any glare.