• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Amazing Fantasy 14 be worth more?

30 posts in this topic

Since it has a Peter Parker prototype with super powers? The Superman 123 took off when people realized it was a Supergirl prototype....it seems Lee and Ditko were ruminating on the character for the next issue with this story. This could be one of those times when the boards have an effect on collecting....

You know if CGC started putting on labels 'Peter Parker prototype' it would have an effect....

2a95z5e.jpg

10rmj2u.jpg

Let's see just how influential this board forum really is in the comic collecting world. Will value for this book skyrocket now?

Oh, and ah, "cough, cough" Amazing Adult Fantasy "cough, cough".

when I purchased my first copy it was told me that while the character exhibits professor x like characteristics, he looked like Peter Parker.

Reading it seems like it set the entire premise behind the x-men. Looks like PP though. Lee talks about the Amazing (Adult) Fantasy being a proving ground as well as a tipping point for him. It was right about then he decided he no longer cared what repercussions may come (from his boss), and that he was going to publish what he knew the readers wanted.

And... If you're interested someone has a "7.0 or better" that looks like a 4.0/4.5 with two rusted staples for $297... And if thats someone on the boards, I'm only kidding, its a great deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-ADULT-FANTASY-14-Pre-Hero-MARVEL-SilverAge-KIRBY-DITKO-Professor-X-7-0-/182370079906?hash=item2a761a94a2:g:704AAOSw5cNYPNKi

When this book goes all Superman 123 you guys are gonna wish you listened. Superman 123 was a $5 book for a long time. Then someone pointed out the Supergirl prototype thing. Now it's a $500 book in 5.0.

When this book goes all Superman 123 you guys are gonna wish you listened. Superman 123 was a $5 book for a long time. Then someone pointed out the Supergirl prototype thing. Now it's a $500 book in 5.0.

Luckily we all found dozens of supes 123 at $5 a pop before the realization ?

that's a neat couple of pages from the AAF 14.

totally is a prof X prototype..

Only difference between this character and peter parker in AF 15 is the glasses.

Must be why no one noticed the difference after all these years. It's worked for Clark Kent/Superman since 1939

Luckily we all found dozens of supes 123 at $5 a pop before the realization ?

see my WTB thread: AF #14 for $5

Like Hulk 181, 'the market has spoken' about this one, where the second appearance is more valuable than the first.

No, I'm not serious.

Just remember that the market has many times squeezed a lump of coal into a diamond.

A very polite choice of analogy. :)

Just remember that the market has many times squeezed a lump of coal into a diamond.

A very polite choice of analogy. :)

I may have squeezed a lump of coal myself with that analogy.