• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Amazing Fantasy 14 be worth more?

30 posts in this topic

Panel four is a Parker in class prototype complete with the sleeveless V neck sweater. Panel five is a Parker going OMG Betty Brant prototype. Next page we have panel 2 another OMG Parker prototype and panel four a Flash Thompson bullying puny Parker prototype. This story is chock full of prototypes.

Marvel: buy up all the copies of AF 14. Then add this character to the X Men, making the professor X looking guy contacting him by telepathy the actual professor X, then AF 14 becomes 'first professor X, first X Men story, Peter Parker prototype'. Then sell all the copies.

Panel four is a Parker in class prototype complete with the sleeveless V neck sweater. Panel five is a Parker going OMG Betty Brant prototype. Next page we have panel 2 another OMG Parker prototype and panel four a Flash Thompson bullying puny Parker prototype. This story is chock full of prototypes.

It's almost as if both stories were drawn by the same artist and that artist isn't known for his strikingly different character designs. hm

Marvel: buy up all the copies of AF 14. Then add this character to the X Men, making the professor X looking guy contacting him by telepathy the actual professor X, then AF 14 becomes 'first professor X, first X Men story, Peter Parker prototype'. Then sell all the copies.

You're a bit late, kav.

Then that is the first prof X /X men story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps don't you mean a 'Tad' late?

I'll say this: while the book has long realized a premium as the Prof X prototype, I never cared about that enough to want a copy. That doesn't compel me.

But seeing a Peter Parker lookalike in there actually interests me!

PS Kav -- peek inside the Who Knows What's Inside Comic Books thread in golden age; I posted the full-page Supergirl house ad from Action 251 in there a day or so ago. Looks like it may have even been an alternative cover that lost out.

I'll say this: while the book has long realized a premium as the Prof X prototype, I never cared about that enough to want a copy. That doesn't compel me.

PS Kav -- peek inside the Who Knows What's Inside Comic Books thread in golden age; I posted the full-page Supergirl house ad from Action 251 in there a day or so ago. Looks like it may have even been an alternative cover that lost out.

Action%2BComics-251-16.jpg

Action%2BComics-251-16.jpg

I shoulda figured! Anyone with the excellent taste to have 18 copies of the Woodgod appearance issues of Hulk, y'know... (worship)