• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What ONE piece of art would you be willing to give up your entire collection for

94 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

13 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

I think I have that somewhere around here.  I think I was using it as a coaster....

:baiting:

Scott

Right next to the "Only an Android Can Cry" splash used as a placemat.

Please invite me over for dinner.  I'll bring the beer & pizza.  :wishluck: 

Edited by Unca Ben

Personally, not sure there is one pice of comic art I would trade my entire collection for.  That said, if the Louvre ever wants to trade David's Death of Marat I'd be all ears. 

373px-Jacques-Louis_David_-_Marat_assassinated_-_Google_Art_Project_2.jpg.d4e80bc52eb83c7b1c48772f42f8c79f.jpg

Edited by ThothAmon

19 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

I think I have that somewhere around here.  I think I was using it as a coaster....

:baiting:

Scott

The teasing is brutal haha

Well, if it was ever a remote possibility, I'm dead serious ;) 

Edited by Thawk

I was going to say, sure, I'd swap it all for the cover artwork to Love & Rockets #1...and I would do so, but only if I were allowed to begin the hunt anew the next day. I mean, a Grail is a Grail but there's a world of wonderful OA out there that's still worth the chase.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Machismo said:

I actually just acquired this piece :) Thankfully I only had to sell a few pieces of my collection and not all of it. Never thought it would happen :) 

Will post in a couple months :p 

You, sir, are an art tease.

22 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Personally, not sure there is one pice of comic art I would trade my entire collection for.  That said, if the Louvre ever wants to trade David's Death of Marat I'd be all ears. 

Sigh.  David would "compose" a wall-sized canvas in such a manner as to simply avoid drawing as many faces and feet as possible.  Or, in the case of Mademoiselle Guimard and Stanislaw Kostka Potocki, he would just draw the feet ridiculously tiny.  The Tennis Court Oath was intended to portray a contemporary event, but by the time he abandoned this neglected project, it was an unfinished historical piece.  And his Deathmate: Socrates miniseries missed multiple shipping dates.  Really the 19th century's Rob Liefeld...

/s

Louvre_1_David.jpg

8 minutes ago, The Shoveler said:

Sigh.  David would "compose" a wall-sized canvas in such a manner as to simply avoid drawing as many faces and feet as possible.  Or, in the case of Mademoiselle Guimard and Stanislaw Kostka Potocki, he would just draw the feet ridiculously tiny.  The Tennis Court Oath was intended to portray a contemporary event, but by the time he abandoned this neglected project, it was an unfinished historical piece.  And his Deathmate: Socrates miniseries missed multiple shipping dates.  Really the 19th century's Rob Liefeld...

/s

Louvre_1_David.jpg

:signfunny:

18 minutes ago, The Shoveler said:

/s

Louvre_1_David.jpg

Avoid drawing feet? You mean like Rob Leifeld?

17 hours ago, Hal Turner said:

I was going to say, sure, I'd swap it all for the cover artwork to Love & Rockets #1...and I would do so, but only if I were allowed to begin the hunt anew the next day. I mean, a Grail is a Grail but there's a world of wonderful OA out there that's still worth the chase.

You, sir, are an art tease.

Ugh... forgot about the Cover to L&R #1....  Yeah, that would be a big contender for sure...