• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Werewolf By Night #32 (some sort of minor key, I hear...)

22 posts in this topic

There might be a little too much spine creasing going on for an 8.5 . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

8.0 confused-smiley-013.gif

I would agree to an extant. With scans the flaws are magnified than having the book in person, which is why I think you tend to grade your books higher than we do based on scans. I certainly would not be surprised if it was graded an 8.0, I however would grade it an 8.5.

There might be a little too much spine creasing going on for an 8.5 . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

8.0 confused-smiley-013.gif

I would agree to an extant. With scans the flaws are magnified than having the book in person, which is why I think you tend to grade your books higher than we do based on scans. I certainly would not be surprised if it was graded an 8.0, I however would grade it an 8.5.

I might even go as high as a 9.0 . . . If I were SELLIN' it 27_laughing.gifinsane.gifdevil.gif

Thanks for the opinions. The spine stresses are hairline colour breaks rather than good old-fashioned Silver Age dings, something that seems to happen to Byrne X-Men as well. The book has apparently never been read, as several of the pages seem to be interlocked in the bottom margin, in that way we all know of, but yet I don't know a snappy term for. That being the case, I'm not sure how it's managed to accrue spine stress. Ah well...I'm not particularly attached to it, but I guess it's not high grade enough to get forumites excited.

Thanks for the opinions. The spine stresses are hairline colour breaks rather than good old-fashioned Silver Age dings, something that seems to happen to Byrne X-Men as well. The book has apparently never been read, as several of the pages seem to be interlocked in the bottom margin, in that way we all know of, but yet I don't know a snappy term for. That being the case, I'm not sure how it's managed to accrue spine stress. Ah well...I'm not particularly attached to it, but I guess it's not high grade enough to get forumites excited.

Hey! Who said we didn't get excited!!! Nize book! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Keep 'em comin' cloud9.gif

gossip.gifRegarding the pages, the printer marks being stuck together is always a good sign!

It is actually a pretty crisp book for the year, at least by the standards of my collection. The funny thing is that I always was fairly happy to pay a bit more to get a nicer copy, yet I probably don't have any Bronze 9.6 candidates at all...1980, maybe wink.gif

It is actually a pretty crisp book for the year, at least by the standards of my collection. The funny thing is that I always was fairly happy to pay a bit more to get a nicer copy, yet I probably don't have any Bronze 9.6 candidates at all...1980, maybe wink.gif

An 8.5 Bronze Age book is very respectable - don't sell yourself short thumbsup2.gif

That's a nice VF 8.0 any way you slice it. Except what is going on with the top center where the blue is off shade?

I think the term you were referring to is siamese pages? where they're not cut apart

I started a 5-star thread? I suddenly feel important wink.gif

Re: pages - those of us actually read comics (not knocking anyone in particular!) poke2.gif will have encountered warehouse copies where the tiny holes in the bottom margins seem to interlock, which holds the pages together...so you get the impression you're the first person ever to read and enjoy it as you turn a page and they gently pull apart...oddly enough, the pages are still usually yellow! wink.gif

I started a 5-star thread? I suddenly feel important wink.gif

Re: pages - those of us actually read comics (not knocking anyone in particular!) poke2.gif will have encountered warehouse copies where the tiny holes in the bottom margins seem to interlock, which holds the pages together...so you get the impression you're the first person ever to read and enjoy it as you turn a page and they gently pull apart...oddly enough, the pages are still usually yellow! wink.gif

Kakapoopoo,

This is a very common occurence in ALL books off the production line, warehoused or otherwise, regardless of page color. makepoint.gif

All I said was it is usually a nice indicator . . . flowerred.gif