• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade A Few Batmans, Please!!

32 posts in this topic

#37 is a Double Cover, the inner cover is slightly better. All the back covers look similar to the front ones, nothing worth mentioning.

batman37.jpg

batman39.jpg

batman49.jpg

#37 = 4.5

#39 = 7.0

#49 = 6.0

That's a nice, conservative evaluation of these books. I might be inclined to add .5 to one or two of them.

#37 has the creasing at the center, but it's rather faint -- does it carry all the way through the center of the cover? #39 is just plain sweet, the corner crease hardly detracts from the eye appeal. And there is a bit of funkiness on the #49... I'd like to see that one in hand to make the call.

Heck, I'd like to see them all in hand. Nice books, Nikos!

thumbsup2.gif

#37 = 4.5

#39 = 7.0

#49 = 6.0

That's a nice, conservative evaluation of these books. I might be inclined to add .5 to one or two of them.

#37 has the creasing at the center, but it's rather faint -- does it carry all the way through the center of the cover? #39 is just plain sweet, the corner crease hardly detracts from the eye appeal. And there is a bit of funkiness on the #49... I'd like to see that one in hand to make the call.

Heck, I'd like to see them all in hand. Nice books, Nikos!

thumbsup2.gif

I was confident with the #37 being a 4.5. With #39 I was having a hard time deciding between a 7.0 and 7.5. And #49, it looked like there was some chipping on the right side of the book, but it was hard to tell how severe so I went with a 6.0.

And I too agree that they are nice books! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, yup the crease is what I would call a "subscription mail order crease" and it does go through the whole book (very faint though)

almost forgot 1 more

batman244.jpg

batman244a.jpg

37 FN-

39 VF-

49 Is the top right edge trimmed? It looks kinda odd, but could just be weird GA production issues. If it's not trimmed I would give it a VF- (unless I'm missing something that's causing everybody else to slam it confused.gif)

244 VF/NM

Some of you are way too strict!

Golden Age curve alert! gossip.gif

#37 = 5.5/6.5(just a guess on the inny)

#39 = 7.5

#49 = 7.0

And 9.2 on the 244!

How soon you guys forget the nikos factor! 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Some of you are way too strict!

Golden Age curve alert! gossip.gif

#37 = 5.5/6.5(just a guess on the inny)

#39 = 7.5

#49 = 7.0

And 9.2 on the 244!

How soon you guys forget the nikos factor! 893naughty-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Well, I guess we'll see in about a month 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since these are headed to Sarasota, let me finalize my guesses on the GA books:

#37 = 5.0 (1st cvr: 4.5 / inner cvr: 5.0)

#39 = 7.0

#49 = 6.0

sumo.gif

(Not trying to be a copycat, KingOfRulers. Chalk it up to great minds, and all that... tongue.gif )

I think everyone is low-balling that #39.

8.0, slight chance at an 8.5.

Perhaps, but what about the 3/4" to 1" crease at the LRFC? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It breaks color, even if the color IS white. . .

Absolutely beautiful books. I'll defer the actual grades to the experts, but those are all very desirable books(and #37 is my favorite Joker cover).