• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA for sale! Cool & rare stuff, a variety of books!

44 posts in this topic

MILLIE THE MODEL #17

VG OW/W pages

Has some light penciling in the the smaller part of the logo, and the Marvel bullet.

Dan DeCarlo isn't credited with the cover in GCD, but possible pencils. It looks like a DeCarlo cove to me.

$100

millie17_zps0sx7zfte.jpg

I'll Take It

^^ Thanks, Rick!

AMAZING-MAN #10

Everett Cover

Ex-CGC 1.8 with C-1 slight resto (small amount of glue on spine) CR/OW pages

I'm calling it a 1.5. It has a decent looking cover, but there is a 2.5" tear through the whole book. with a piece of tape over it on every page. Tape is slightly yellowed, but doesn't look too bad. The first page is nearly entirely detached from the book. There are also three pieces of pointless tape on the inside edge of the front cover. I'd call the pages cream at front of the book, moving to CR/OW towards the back. Good colors.

The glue looks like it was applied at the staples, and is probably what's holding the cover on.

$250

AMan10_zpsnv3fqdz5.jpg

I'll take it.

aman10bc_zpsk0zllbib.jpg

AMAZING-MAN #10

Everett Cover

Ex-CGC 1.8 with C-1 slight resto (small amount of glue on spine) CR/OW pages

I'm calling it a 1.5. It has a decent looking cover, but there is a 2.5" tear through the whole book. with a piece of tape over it on every page. Tape is slightly yellowed, but doesn't look too bad. The first page is nearly entirely detached from the book. There are also three pieces of pointless tape on the inside edge of the front cover. I'd call the pages cream at front of the book, moving to CR/OW towards the back. Good colors.

The glue looks like it was applied at the staples, and is probably what's holding the cover on.

$250

AMan10_zpsnv3fqdz5.jpg

I'll take it.

aman10bc_zpsk0zllbib.jpg

^^ Thanks, ThothAmon!

UNDERWORLD #3 CGC 9.0

Ties for highest graded copy.

This book contains one of the most graphically violent stories found in any crime comic, Widow of Death

- which has a pet set on fire, and multiple panels with cleaver to the skull, including this disturbing one.

689727-uw3panel.jpg

The entire story can be read here.

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=40516

$800 SOLD

UnderworldTC3_zpsmh9s2uzy.jpg

This book contains one of the most graphically violent stories found in any crime comic, Widow of Death

- which has a pet set on fire, and multiple panels with cleaver to the skull, including this disturbing one.

689727-uw3panel.jpg

Whoa...disturbing is an understatement. Wertham could have probably made his whole case back then based on this one panel. GLWTS!

Now for a couple of pulps! And that's all for this thread.

THRILLING MYSTERY NOV. 1940

GD/VG Tanning, but still supple pages, spine is all there.

$60

thrillmyst1140_zps7kljv3gl.jpg

THE SPIDER MARCH 1935

GD+ Supple cream pages, spine complete. Some minor H2O staining along right edge, visible on inside cover.

$60

spider0335_zpse6tegoup.jpg

Take both for $100

AMAZING GHOST STORIES #16

Cool Baker Cover

VG- cream pages Solid eye-appeal and secure at staples, but top 1/4" of cover is tanning, and small chipping along overhang ( mostly on back).

$150

agstories_zps7et3mfvb.jpg

I'll take it

UNDERWORLD #3 CGC 9.0

Ties for highest graded copy.

689727-uw3panel.jpg

The entire story can be read here.

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=40516

$800

UnderworldTC3_zpsmh9s2uzy.jpg

Fun for the whole family! lol

That is a nice book!

AMAZING GHOST STORIES #16

Cool Baker Cover

VG- cream pages Solid eye-appeal and secure at staples, but top 1/4" of cover is tanning, and small chipping along overhang ( mostly on back).

$150

agstories_zps7et3mfvb.jpg

I'll take it

Thanks n2wdw, this and the CDNPs are yours!