• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shouldn't World's Finest 153 be worth more?

37 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure after the Rifleman had been posted for a while if someone had said 'hey shouldn't this comic be worth more since its so well known now?' the answers would have been 'NO"

But it is worth more (shrug)

Yes but before it caught on and actually became worth more, the answers to should it be worth more would have been 'NO'.

I'm pretty sure after the Rifleman had been posted for a while if someone had said 'hey shouldn't this comic be worth more since its so well known now?' the answers would have been 'NO"

Yes but before it caught on and actually became worth more, the answers to should it be worth more would have been 'NO'.

Haha, true. And should it currently, again, no.

You want to increase the value?

Make up some numbers on scarcity, provide non record sales in high grade, dedicate a thread to the rarity of it and sooner or later someone will start spreading the info and it will catch on

There's only 10 known copies of this book without the famous DC Value Panel cut out last sale in 8.0 was $12,999

yeah, but, but as I said people only will pay so much.

Maybe I should have read your question closer. I guess it deserves a bit of a bump, you're probably right. But I don't think its ever going to amount to a significant amount.

People are only going to pay a big premium for a high grade copy of a book like that and if it's high grade, one usually has to slab it to get top price, and if it's slabbed, you can't open it to the panel, and if you can't open it to the panel, the novelty of it is lost.

FWIW, checking ebay, it already seems to sell for at least double what the issue before and after do in common grades.

I wonder what the actual most famous comic book page / panel is - is this it? If you exclude covers, you run out of options pretty fast.

I would rank Uncanny X-Men 132 final page with the half Wolverine splash in the sewer pretty high.