• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Avengers #93 - 52-Page Neal Adams! Yowza!

16 posts in this topic

Notes: That's a staple "bulge" at the lower staple - not a tear; very light to light spine wear; tiny impact crease to lower left spine corner; common ink streak through Thor's arm; VL surface wear FC; and 1/2" non-color breaking fold/crease to LLBC. O/W, perhaps O/W to White pages. angel.gif

Yeah, I am just terrible on them.

For instance,

Where the staples pop through and catch dirt on the back and front, is that a defect?

Bottom left corner where sometimes you see the paper bends in like a blunted corner, is that a defect?

Sometimes the binding is offcentered or half on and half off, is that a defect?

Yeah, I am just terrible on them.

For instance,

Where the staples pop through and catch dirt on the back and front, is that a defect?

Bottom left corner where sometimes you see the paper bends in like a blunted corner, is that a defect?

Sometimes the binding is offcentered or half on and half off, is that a defect?

They are all defects, just more prevalent issues on square-bound books. Obviously, if they are absent, then the book without them is a higher grade.

But, because they are stapled and then the covers are glued on - a certain amount of staple bulging and dirt is going to be ubiquitous. Similarly, spine puckering at the corners and along the length of the spine where the glue is applied is quite common. Finally mis-aligned and glued covers are rampant - all of these are production defects as they relate to how the book was constructed and manufactured.

But perfect copies do exist, and it is these that should get the 9.6's and 9.8's - I wonder if there are ANY 10.0 52 pagers or better? Greggy? Steve? (Bronze age or older please!) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif