• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

While we're at it check out this Avengers #57

20 posts in this topic

Nef,

Sweet copy - can you sharpen up the scans a bit? Run them at 200 dpi and then re-size to 4" maintaining the 200 dpi.

This issue in VF 8.0 or better should definitely be slabbed (if you plan to sell it). Mine's at CGC right now, due back in a couple of months.

-divad thumbsup2.gif

Hi diva, I was just checkin out your auctions. My scan is at 150 dpi and I targeted 6" then I save 50% quality. I didn't change the post so maybe your monitor or night vision was awray.

Hi diva, I was just checkin out your auctions. My scan is at 150 dpi and I targeted 6" then I save 50% quality. I didn't change the post so maybe your monitor or night vision was awray.

I've only got one High Grade book of note listed at present sorry.gif

Regarding the scans, sounds good - bump it up to 200 next time. hail.gif Do the rest of your books look like this? blush.gif

I've only got one High Grade book of note listed at present sorry.gif

Regarding the scans, sounds good - bump it up to 200 next time. hail.gif Do the rest of your books look like this? blush.gif

I wish. I've got almost a complete run on the AVENGERS. I did sell my VF copy of #2 some years back and I never had a copy of #1 and my #4 has my brothers name written on the cover. But ya, a lot of them are pretty nice. I needed to grow up some before I took better care of them.

Looks 8.0/8.5ish to me. I count 8 colour breaks plus a tiny crease LRFC; the sort of book I would probably call a 8.5 but I could imagine a dealer telling me was actually "only" a VF 8.0.

Still a super book (as FD might say) to have! thumbsup2.gif

Why Pete confused.gif (the questions get harder!) screwy.gif It's not like it's MY book 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Not answering for uclapeterg, but the ding on the lower right hand corner may be more than the front cover. You sort of see the same thing on the lower left back corner. Oh, I think 8.5 myself.

Dan

Looks 8.0/8.5ish to me. I count 8 colour breaks plus a tiny crease LRFC; the sort of book I would probably call a 8.5 but I could imagine a dealer telling me was actually "only" a VF 8.0.

Still a super book (as FD might say) to have! thumbsup2.gif

Book in hand and a calculator. I count one spine crease at Hawkeye's head. One across from Vis's elbow, One across from his wrist and one at the bottom of the lower staple. The only one with any color separation is by Hawkeye’s head and it's only 1/1000" that was with cheaters a magnifying glass and a micrometer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It has a beautiful cover with no dents and smooth as a baby’s behind. angel.gif

Nefaria, super sweet book! Two questions:

1- does the lower right corner look the same in real life or better? It looks a little "crumpled" for lack of a better term.

2- There looks like there is a vertical reading line to the left of the stress mark at Visions hand?

Depending on the two defects

8.5 or 9.0.

Ultra sweet book, and one i would be interested in. poke2.gif

LRFC is about the same as in hand inspection. Inner pages only have a hint that something happened to that corner. There is no reading line anywhere. That stress mark to the left of his hand (in the cape) is very minute.

Why Pete confused.gif (the questions get harder!) screwy.gif It's not like it's MY book 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Oh yea, then 9.4. insane.gif What's going on in the lower right corner? It looks like a bend to me. If I'm seeing things, then 9.0/9.2 for the spine stresses.

Oh yea, then 9.4. insane.gif What's going on in the lower right corner? It looks like a bend to me. If I'm seeing things, then 9.0/9.2 for the spine stresses.

flowerred.gif

Book in hand and a calculator. I count one spine crease at Hawkeye's head. One across from Vis's elbow, One across from his wrist and one at the bottom of the lower staple. The only one with any color separation is by Hawkeye’s head and it's only 1/1000" that was with cheaters a magnifying glass and a micrometer. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It has a beautiful cover with no dents and smooth as a baby’s behind. angel.gif

Sorry, I should have made that clearer - when I said 8 colour breaks, I didn't mean spine stresses, but other whitish spots on the cover, that SA books seem particularly prone too (my poor ASMs frown.gif ). I usually count them as 1 defect each in my bizarre little mental universe - no idea what the CGC attitude is!

Oh and I think that if you need a magnifying glass to see a defect, it's not a defect. To me. wink.gif