• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many of you are comfortable RAW grading 9.6/9.8 to sell?

48 posts in this topic

Like you I very rarely sell on ebay. For raw grading the highest I will go is 9.4 which means I list the item as NM. I am uncomfortable going any higher than that. For what it's worth I never give a numeric grade unless the book is already slabbed.

I agree with that except I will give a numeric value along with the grade. Love live alpha! headbang.gif

Has anyone received 5 or more Copper or older comics, pre-graded 9.6, from CGC and all got slabbed at 9.6 or higher?

How about 18 in 9.8, out of 18 guessed as 9.8's?

hi.gifacclaim.gif

Doubt it! poke2.gif

Invoice #125926 893naughty-thumb.gif

Has anyone received 5 or more Copper or older comics, pre-graded 9.6, from CGC and all got slabbed at 9.6 or higher?

How about 18 in 9.8, out of 18 guessed as 9.8's?

hi.gifacclaim.gif

Doubt it! poke2.gif

Invoice #125926 893naughty-thumb.gif

My first (and only) CGC submission was a batch of Mint comics. Of the 20, only 3 graded lower than 9.8. Unfortunately, none graded higher than 9.8. frown.gif

[They were all modern 1990's comics though]

I doubt it happens regularly or even rarely. That's why stating a possible 9.6 or higher grade in an auction isn't recommended. The chances of you actually receiving the grade from CGC is a crapshoot...

Jim

Yes

I guess than you are the schiznik hail.gif

I was definitely comfortable with grading raw up to NM+ for raw sales when I was still in the game more. I would personally grade some books 9.8 for myself, but would never claim that if sold raw. 9.6 is the highest I would sell raw