• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sony Financial Woes Continue: Sell Columbia and TV Studio?

22 posts in this topic

It's a crazy year of big movies and a lot of unknown quantities (like Wonder Woman) so I'm not sure what will top as the superhero crown taker this year but unless this Spidey movie has pretty bad reviews it's going to make a ton. Even the "bad" Spidey movies did very well box office relative to most other properties and this movie/Spidey seems to have a ton of goodwill coming out of Civil War.

Regarding Downey Jr. money, it's what makes him the highest paid actor, but honestly it's similar to that Depp deal with the Pirates film, where so much is made in licensing deals and ancillary income that it's not even a thing.

I understand Despicable Me 3 is going to get money (and that trailer was really fun) but I think the older Spidey and now Marvel base will keep Homecoming afloat until the kids all flood into it. I think this youthful cast in Spidey, including Zendaya, is going to pay of.

If this movie has good reviews I think it's going to be a MONSTER and they are most definitely ramming home that this is a Marvel(ish) joint by having Iron Man side by side with Spidey.

I'm excited for it, and I loved Spidey in Civil War, but I'm not sold by the trailers yet. I'm not sure how well it will do but I do think Spidey has a pretty good historical floor that I think this will surpass even if it's average.

I think Wonder Woman has a shot, and the trailers look nice, but there's some smoke about this movie already that is troublesome and is similar to the noise that was being heard about the last couple of DC releases.

I'm definitely most interested in Guardians and if it's CRAZY successful I think you could see a bump in Ragnarok people may not be expecting.