• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Unexpected #159 100 pager

13 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if it is. It looks yellowish to me, as if it maybe came from the colors in the logo. I'm at a loss too. I look at the scan and it seems a bit more pronounced than when I am holding it in front of me. Not much mind you, but it may have a bit of stagefright after being put up on a stage after spending so much time in a dark room.

hm...then it's sort of hard to put a grade on it if all of us are guessing on what it really is. Though I'd think it is an 8.5 from the scan, and it goes up from there to a 9.2 depending on how bad the mystery fading really is.

If that yellow crud is a ink transfer production defect, then you might have a 9.6 there.

If not I have no idea what the point deduction is for ink stains... confused-smiley-013.gif

It's awesome, no question - but I can't imagine that the colour loss on the right edge just doesn't count to CGC at all. Obviously finding a better copy would be virtually impossible.

Mind you, I've discovered that scans sometimes magnify flaws, much to my dismay wink.gif At least it gives a potential buyer a critical look at a book, though.

It's awesome, no question - but I can't imagine that the colour loss on the right edge just doesn't count to CGC at all. Obviously finding a better copy would be virtually impossible.

Well, it counts to CGC in this case because it is a candidate for ultra-high grade status. Only for books that would have not been in that category in the first place does it not matter. Though since I haven't seen many cases where a book has color lose like that, but is still high grade it would be very hard to determine what CGC would take off...since it's not a very common occurence.

You're going to be hardpressed to get somone to believe the color loss wasn't caused by finger prints. I would give it an 8.5...

Jim

Agreed! This is a typical area that shows "reading wear" common on black covers where finger smudges occur. 8.5/9.0