• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple of fresh hand cut blank variants for your eyes to view

19 posts in this topic

5.0 slabbed? hm

The companies can't come to a consensus. I've talked with them both about these at different shows.

One guy will say .5, another will say since it's intentional it should be graded as a normal sketch cover.

But if I had to guess, they would come back a .5

5.0 slabbed? hm

The companies can't come to a consensus. I've talked with them both about these at different shows.

One guy will say .5, another will say since it's intentional it should be graded as a normal sketch cover.

But if I had to guess, they would come back a .5

I'd say "No Grade" and leave it at that, and the condition is really the background reason taking the backseat to the foreground of the true value and aesthetics of the original art, and yes this is art, not limited to just pencil and ink on paper.

I'd say a slab simply becomes a nice picture frame for the piece, as well as way of preserving the delicate nature of the cut out, as well as authenticating the piece.

Otherwise, this, as with Sketch Covers, the grading seems secondary if not unimportant to the art itself.