• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men 141 - 9.4/9.6/9.8?

10 posts in this topic

Without being able to see if there are any subtle waves etc I would say a 9.2/9.4.

- Crease on bottom right of front cover breaks color

- Slight corner blunting on 3 of the 4 corners.

- Looks like there may be some edge wear bottom right corner as well

The CBC on the bottom right corner may hold it to a 9.2 but since there's not much wear it may get a 9.4. If you look at SA/BA books given a 9.6 since 09/2016 they look nearly perfect.

Without being able to see if there are any subtle waves etc I would say a 9.2/9.4.

The CBC on the bottom right corner may hold it to a 9.2 but since there's not much wear it may get a 9.4. If you look at SA/BA books given a 9.6 since 09/2016 they look nearly perfect.

Thanks Comicquant! A near perfect book IS tough to grade. (for me, at least (shrug)). I'm learning of course. PGM crew are GREAT!

Thanks Comicquant! A near perfect book IS tough to grade. (for me, at least (shrug)). I'm learning of course. PGM crew are GREAT!

+1. That bottom corner has me puzzled. At 1st I thought it was a CBC, then I looked again and felt it was a crack in the rock of the printing, now looking at the scan again in this post I think it's a CBC. I guess a combination of in hand and high res scan is the key???? Guess that's why I love the silver age ;)

Edited by tbone911t

I would say 9.2 to be safe. I would also suggest to the OP to put a contrasting piece of paper behing the white back cover so we can get a better shot of the edges of the book. Just sayin.

Tiny dog ear bottom right doesn't prevent from getting 9.4, imo.

But as mentioned in last reply, if that's a 1 inch faint crease bottom right, probably then just 9.0. Cross your fingers for 9.2?

Six months ago I would've said this was easily a 9.4 but around the end of august beginning of september CGC really tightened up. I've also had about 3 dozen books come back in that time frame and there were some books that got hammered for next to nothing. The book below is coming up in the Feb clink auction and is a good example of what CGC grades the average looking 9.4 since that 08/09 time frame. This particular book was graded 11/16/2016.

(shrug)

RAD5233720161221_11396.jpg

Edited by comicquant