• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~The Last Gasp Comic Shop~

16 posts in this topic

REFERENCES

Kudos thread

ebay ID - brother17

ACCEPTED PAYMENT

Paypal only. Payment expected within 5 calendar days of invoice.

TERMS OF SALE

First unconditional :takeit: in either the thread or PM wins, by time stamp.

If you have shamed yourself or are a listed reprobate, I will not sell to you. If you're just a knockburger who gets on my nerves, I don't mind selling to you.

I generally prefer not to return slabs, but if you state your wish to do so within 7 calendar days of receipt of the book via USPS tracking, then I generally don't have a problem with it. Just don't make a premature purchase. Buyer's remorse sucks for everyone. If I do a job packaging a book and it arrives busted, then yeah, we'll fix that. By we, I mean insurance.

SHIPPING

Included in the cost. Comes via USPS Priority with signature. Any added shipping services are at your cost.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

:news: SOLD!

A hot item that's cooled off a little between Netflix seasons, Daredevil #1 is still sure bet. I bought this copy raw from a boardie. I don't think it had been pressed, but it has been now. Hero Restoration did a nice job with this one. It looks like a 5.0, but check out the upper right front corner to notice the piece off. You can see where the corner got folded and sat like that for a long time, eventually breaking loose. On the front, you'll see a lot of wear on the lower right spine, below the staple. The corner box in the upper left also has some wear. But all the fun stuff in the middle looks good.

These old white covers are best looked at in good lighting, I've found. Then you can really see how the whites have held up. In poor lighting, they all look worn. This one not only looks good in hand, it also looks good in a properly lit room.

It's a new slab with inner well, it's $1250 USD shipped and insured, and whether it goes to your mother, your father, or yourself is up to you.

CYrcksRl.jpg

OL4Z9ryl.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

This book is no longer on hold because someone asked about a copy via PM not long ago, and it just so happened that I had sent it for a press and some plastic at that time.

So he's got dibs on it, but if he passes, then it's up for grabs.

Will you find a nicer 1.0? Sure, if you look long enough. Will you find one for this price? Yeah, probably. But will you find one right now when either you, your father, or your mother needs a copy? Probably not.

However you look at things, this copy will run you $1000 $935 USD shipped and insured. If not for the cut coupon, it'd grade a touch higher. Be sure to read the label for more info on that. Otherwise, click the scans for bigger pics. External defects are obvious.

Hero Restoration also pressed this one. And let me tell you, it was all out whack when Mike got it in his hands.

KQp7f61l.jpg

Vd0LxyDl.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid