• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller turns 60 Today!!

22 posts in this topic

In the photos of him that were posted on different sites last year, he was looking a LOT better than he had been about 2 years ago when he appeared to be doing a Crypt Keeper cosplay. So whatever was going on with him a few years ago, he's no longer looking NEARLY as frail as he had been. He's still obviously aged from being 50-ish to ancient in the span of only like 8 years, but he looks only 80-ish instead of 110-ish now.

Wow he must have really started in the business when he was young. Some of my first LCS experiences were right around when he had started the Daredevil series, it was red hot back then.

I guess so.....DD #158 was January 1980, so he was 23-ish. And John Carter 18 and that Weird War issue (#54?) preceded that by a bit. He may have started in his late teens??!

He looked much better than the 'NOW' pic above when I saw him at NYCC '15. He's also been cranking out OA pinups and doing some signings lately, so hopefully he's figured out at least some of his health problems.

From the recent Fan2Sea event with Frank and the DK3.

Fan2Sea was awesome in hosting us and they actually provided Frank with this working Sin City Slot Machine for his Birthday.

Something he has been after for 20 years. Was awesome of them to do this for him.

16422435_1846148862336492_1522212967225329044_o_zpslxigbu4p.jpg

Hopefully his health is good, last photo I saw of him he looked like he was 100. And that was with Stan next to him.

THEN:

Miller-stan-lee.jpg

NOW:

IMG_0665.jpg

goodness. If you didn't know them you'd think they were the same age, and Stan the healthier of the two.

sure, that's what makes it such a stark contrast. One guy that looks 30 years older than he his, and another guy that looks like the picture of health for his age.

Some say he keeps his youthful vigor by feeding from the essence of Steve Ditko :preach:

:jokealert: