• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Over-sized CD comic book holder?

10 posts in this topic

My initial reaction is it's a little on the high side (maybe they could throw in a header sticker of my choice instead of the additional $7)??? Looking forward to hearing your feedback after seeing them at ECCC.

My initial reaction is it's a little on the high side (maybe they could throw in a header sticker of my choice instead of the additional $7)??? Looking forward to hearing your feedback after seeing them at ECCC.

That's a good suggestion and I'll mention it if I see them.

Didn't DJS Adventures have something like this called the Showcase Sealer back in 92?

Never heard of or seen these. (shrug)

Looks like the header is just an e-mail that you print yourself. Better have a color printer. Also, I'd prefer it to say "My Grade" vs "Raw Grade" under the grade field. "raw" and "slabbed" describe the physical state of the book; they are not sub-types of grades (as compared to "I grade this book at..." And "third-party graded at...")

I have seen several different versions of these do-it-yourself-cases, they all share the same problem: they are expensive.

I just don't see anyone buying them to store their collection in. Maybe a few books, but the cost for a lot is just to much to make the average comic collection switch from mylar and backing board.

It isn't very clear the exact cost per book...

Looks like I need to buy a 10 pack of different parts needed to assemble the full holder.

I have seen several different versions of these do-it-yourself-cases, they all share the same problem: they are expensive.

I just don't see anyone buying them to store their collection in. Maybe a few books, but at $15.99 each it is just to much to make the average comic collection switch from mylar and backing board.

+1