• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atomic Age DCs...Have a piece of Rhubarb...
9 9

665 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Another one I like. 

lf_zpsv7saihg5.JPG

Don't be so modest...Looks like you're well on your way to completing the Action run...:baiting:

And I have one of those too...it would also be a 7.5 if not for a few minor defects...:cry:  and, what is the deal with Indians trying to kill Superman every 50 issues or so...?

21856311239_e890856bd2_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

48 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

what is the deal with Indians trying to kill Superman every 50 issues or so...?

21856311239_e890856bd2_c.jpg

Look at how he mocks them. That condescending look of his was enough to cause mistrust, anger, and retribution in any marginalized cultural group.

So, this is interesting.  This is the Mile High Gang busters #3 that I owned in the early 90s.  I don't know who owns it now, but it has steadily sold for less money on Heritage every time it was auctioned.  Go look at the scan they have for this book.  Somehow the bright blue background turned into puke green.  No wonder it sold for less each time.  BTW, I sold it in 1995 or 96 for $450.  I guess I made the right choice...although I do miss the book.  It was perfect...I have no idea why CGC graded it only an 8.0...and BTW, this is just a scan of a trimmed photocopy I made in the 90s...

39898099495_15f77ff266_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

1 hour ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

So, this is interesting.  This is the Mile High Gang busters #3 that I owned in the early 90s.  I don't know who owns it now, but it has steadily sold for less money on Heritage every time it was auctioned.  Go look at the scan they have for this book.  Somehow the bright blue background turned into puke green.  No wonder it sold for less each time.  BTW, I sold it in 1995 or 96 for $450.  I guess I made the right choice...although I do miss the book.  It was perfect...I have no idea why CGC graded it only an 8.0...and BTW, this is just a scan of a trimmed photocopy I made in the 90s...

39898099495_15f77ff266_c.jpg

$450 for that book in 1996 was a heck of a lot of dough. Looks like it last sold publicly back in 2004 for $247.25. https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/gang-busters-3-mile-high-pedigree-dc-1948-cgc-vf-80-off-white-pages-what-a-cool-cover-with-giant-handcuffs-they-just/a/14022-17251.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Look at how he mocks them. That condescending look of his was enough to cause mistrust, anger, and retribution in any marginalized cultural group.

Not to mention the cultural appropriation of wearing the headdress.  

19 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

You call it cultural appropriation...I call it a serious d ick move.

Just now, MrBedrock said:
21 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

You call it cultural appropriation...I call it a serious d ick move.

Well, it was a pre-Code book. hm

26 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Did you see the green cover?  What the heck did they do?