• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone able to explain what happened to Toxin?

23 posts in this topic

So I keep hearing in the last carnage issue something happened to toxin but what specifically happened to it? Is it dead? Did it bond to someone else? I keep hoping that flash will bond with it to form agent crimson or agent toxin. That would allow Eddie to be venom again. That or I was hoping kaine would bond with the symbiote to heal his degenerateing illness.

I'll make it even easier for you. No heavy lifting whatsoever. :foryou:

More recently, Eddie Brock and the Toxin Symbiote have appeared in the comic series Carnage, where he joins forces with a group of agents to take down Carnage, in this series, the Toxin Symbiote has changed to look more like the character of Agent Venom, featuring red body armor.

I'll make it even easier for you. No heavy lifting whatsoever. :foryou:

More recently, Eddie Brock and the Toxin Symbiote have appeared in the comic series Carnage, where he joins forces with a group of agents to take down Carnage, in this series, the Toxin Symbiote has changed to look more like the character of Agent Venom, featuring red body armor.

Yea but apparently something happened to Toxin in the last issue of Carnage which is what I was asking about. Apparently Eddie does not have the symbiote anymore but why? That is what I was asking.

After bonding with Eddie, Toxin took over its host and worked with the Savage Six, attacking its grandfather symbiote, Venom. Toxin tells Venom that after Venom is gone only it will remain for an event it called the Spawning. The meaning of this is unknown, as of now. Venom managed to incapacitate Toxin, but chose not to kill it or its host. Later, Toxin attacked Venom and was separated from Eddie. Venom set the Toxin symbiote on fire, but it managed to recover its host and dragged him into the flames to die alongside it.

Both the symbiote and Eddie survived their attempted immolation and recovered from their injuries. Eddie and the Toxin symbiote worked out a truce to hunt down and kill Venom, after which they would try to kill each other,[3] and began hunting down and killing numerous criminals and gang members. Toxin eventually tracked Venom down to Philadelphia and tried to kill him, but Flash's speech to Eddie caused him to call off his vendetta and accept his bond with Toxin, using it to return to his Lethal Protector lifestyle. Following Eddie's arrest by the FBI, the Toxin symbiote was suppressed using symbiote inhibitor drugs,[4] and is only capable of taking action if injected with the antidote.

In order to empower her to fight Carnage and Chthon, Eddie Brock gave the Toxin symbiote to Jubulile van Scotter, who combined it with her own symbiote and the Raze symbiote. The amalgamated symbiote dispersed into wisps of golden light after being used to slay Chthon, seemingly marking the death of all three.[5

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Toxin_(Klyntar)_(Earth-616)

So maybe there is some context here that I don't understand, but is something wrong with asking as a way to start a discussion? Most anything anyone ever asks here could be found via Google after all.

I haven't read the story, but OP stated something that happened in the last (latest) issue. Does this board have some insider story knowledge that I'm not aware of?

Also, will Toxin have staying power and is the Toxin series worth reading?

So maybe there is some context here that I don't understand, but is something wrong with asking as a way to start a discussion? Most anything anyone ever asks here could be found via Google after all.

Almost every thread started by the OP is "is ____ book worth picking up" or is "is ____ book worth investing long term."

It's basically someone seemingly wanting to reap the rewards of others' hard work and research for his own benefit. Do some reading and do some work of your own to get the answers you're looking for. 2c Sometimes it just gets frustrating seeing noobs come here solely to capitalize on the knowledge of this place while contributing little themselves.

Or maybe we're just a bunch of clowns. clown-smiley.gif

Almost every thread started by the OP is "is ____ book worth picking up" or is "is ____ book worth investing long term."

It's basically someone seemingly wanting to reap the rewards of others' hard work and research for his own benefit. Do some reading and do some work of your own to get the answers you're looking for. 2c Sometimes it just gets frustrating seeing noobs come here solely to capitalize on the knowledge of this place while contributing little themselves.

Or maybe we're just a bunch of clowns. clown-smiley.gif

Ah, I see, that makes more sense - thanks!

It was purged from Claire Dixon by Jubulile Von Scotter when Jubulile morphed into whatever-the-hell she became to take on Chthon. She was exposed to the Carnage symbiote in issue #6 but it didn't bond permanently, although it did leave her with powers that she never revealed in full until issue 16 when Chthon was tearing up. She had a psychic link to Carnage due to the Carnage symbiote being enchanted with Darkhold Magic after it didn't bond to her.

Anyways, when Chthon was about to kill everyone, she mutated/morphed into like a white version of Raze and said she needed more power to take on Chthon and she absorbed the Toxin symbiote from Claire Dixon (I missed issues 14 and 15 so I'm assuming Brock gave it to her at some point there) and then she literally morphed into like a symbiote White Knight while Victoria Montessi cast a spell from the Darkhold. The enchantment spell absorbed psychic energy from everyone on the island and I guess funneled it to Jubulile. Then she wrecked Chthon quite easily (apparently she is more powerful than a demonic elder God?) and she reverted back to normal. Carnage killed Claire in a rage, and Montessi cast another enchantment that forced the Carnage symbiote to withdraw from Cletus and imprison him in a cell made of itself. The issue ends with everyone saying their byes and a narration that says something like "as one story ends, another will begin" with Brock walking away with a sort of smirk. The last issue was a let down really. It all felt rushed to end the story there when it could have taken one more issue to tie everything up and flesh out what the hell Jubulile mutated in and why at the last minute. The series was really good up until that issue but I guess things needed to end quick so the Venom series could reintroduce Brock asap.

Throughout the whole series Claire was taking shots at Brock for his murderous ways as Venom and Montessi says had he not shared a cell with Cletus they would never be dealing with Carnage. The Toxin symbiote also morphed into a pretty bad suit similar to Agent Venom at one point.

Edit- they never explained what happened to the Toxin symbiote. Although im assuming Jubulile still has it as there's one panel showing her reverting back to normal after she whooped on Chthon and I guess sent him back to wherever he chills until he is summoned. I liked the look of the Toxin symbiote in this series...hopefully they keep that aesthetic when it eventually reemerges.

Edited by BigNoidtheDroid