• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM TOS39 - news pics added...restored

13 posts in this topic

**Have added pics 5 and 6**

As always any and all opinions are greatly appreciated. I don't have the book yet so these are all the pics I have so far. Aside from obvious wear and tear, there's tape on the bottom staple in the centrefold. Also looks like there's some spine splitting in the 3rd pic. Thanks in advance.

TOS3920Front20cover_zpsxsgxwli3.jpg

TOS203920-20Centrefold_zpsxmogalsk.jpg

TOS%2039%20-%20Inside%20back%20cover_zpsss56ofhc.jpg

TOS203920-20Back20Cover_zpsid9xubud.jpg

So here's a pic o fthe spine...ain't pretty

TOS203920-20Spine20-20middle_zpsnpotcxwj.jpg

And here's a repair to a front cover tear view from the inside. The tear is on the right front cover edge of the book near his left leg. Anyone know what type of repair this is and if it can be removed?

TOS203920-20Closeup20of20tear20inside_zpsg2smt8y1.jpg

Edited by c_mkv

^That's what I thought too, but then changed it to give a key bump and because in the ASM 1 thread is a less attractive book everyone (except you of course) seems to predict would get a 1.8, and this is a *lot* nicer.

I do tend to grade harsher than most by a bit..

I think the ASM 1 in the other thread could reach a 1.8 only with a press to fix the spine roll. This TOS 39 has far less overall wear. It's a really nice copy, I wouldn't be surprised if it came back a 2.5

On the 2.0/2.5 bubble due to spine, but eye appeal probably decides for 2.5. it looks like glue staining from tear seal, which could probably only be removed by removing the piece of the comic, which i wouldn't do.