• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE GOLD READING ROOM
6 6

87,505 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2022 at 6:14 AM, Black Bat said:

How in the world is this not a pinned thread???  

Paul does such amazing work! 

Ahhhh...I see where you are coming from now Frank.

I see two threads have recently been pinned in CG. One thread about big price books which has been going for all of 5 minutes, and the utterly daft and pointless 'Cornfield' thread.

This thread of mine is not really worth pinning as it deals with the actual reading of comic books, and provides a library source for CGC's Boards, and I've only been working on it for six years straight...so I guess it's not worthy. meh

On 6/28/2022 at 5:11 PM, GG © ® ™---Paul said:

Ahhhh...I see where you are coming from now Frank.

I see two threads have recently been pinned in CG. One thread about big price books which has been going for all of 5 minutes, and the utterly daft and pointless 'Cornfield' thread.

This thread of mine is not really worth pinning as it deals with the actual reading of comic books, and provides a library source for CGC's Boards, and I've only been working on it for six years straight...so I guess it's not worthy. meh

Seriously, they should be paying you, and then start promoting it on the main CGC site.  Such a great resource, and imagine the cred it would give CGC in the collecting world-  like they're providing a legitimate archival service.  "Many of these books are getting too expensive, too rare and too fragile to read, so we're providing a new service to the comic collecting community - the world's most extensive golden age reading room!  Want to see all the amazing art and stories in that rare 70 year old slabbed book you just bought?  Pull up and seat, kick up for feet, and get ready for a treat."  Something like that.