• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you buy.....

26 posts in this topic

a few buddies and myself were having a chat about the hobby and we got talking about the old Beckett hockey magazine section "what would you buy with $100"? So we changed it and asked what comic would you buy for $5, $20, $50 or $100. For fun list out what you would buy for each of these amounts.

a few buddies and myself were having a chat about the hobby and we got talking about the old Beckett hockey magazine section "what would you buy with $100"? So we changed it and asked what comic would you buy for $5, $20, $50 or $100. For fun list out what you would buy for each of these amounts.

Real difficult question because prices of each book fluctuate so much. I've seen some great $200 - $300 go for $100 depending if it's an auction or a newbie seller. I'd love to get a high grade Saga 1 for $100.

are hockey cards worth something now? I've got a bunch from the early 90's that I haven't seen in 20 years. Mostly Upper Deck cards. Well I assume they're still there.

are hockey cards worth something now? I've got a bunch from the early 90's that I haven't seen in 20 years. Mostly Upper Deck cards. Well I assume they're still there.

From the '90s? No. As far as I know, they're still printing them considering how many unopened boxes keep showing up for sale as cut prices.

$5- Batman 635

$20- Spiderman/Deadpool Gamestop variant

$50-New Mutants 98

$100- Batman 251 F/VF

(shrug)

(shrug)

books i want...prices i'd like to find...

Oh, ha, yea, wouldn't we all!

I thought the topic was in relation to actual prices today though.

Edited by ygogolak

$5- Batman 635

$50-New Mutants 98

$100- Batman 251 F/VF

(shrug)

(shrug)

I was about to ask where these magical $50 NM 98s are...I got a tax refund check a-comin'

$5- Batman 635

$50-New Mutants 98

$100- Batman 251 F/VF

(shrug)

(shrug)

I was about to ask where these magical $50 NM 98s are...I got a tax refund check a-comin'

Not to get all technical: but he didn't say what condition. I have seen a beat but complete good NM 98 with a $50 price tag.

I know these aren't common deals but it's just part of the game I thought. Better than saying I'd buy Action comics 1 for $100, because duh.

I might give $50 for Good copy of NM 98 depending. I'd like to have one but not bad enough to spend 3 digits. Better stuff I could find for that.

....Yeah, the 50 dollar NM 98 is the one that you find at the bottom of your kid brothers toy box that's been in the garage for the last 10 years lol

GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Since the OP brought up sportscards I was looking online the other day and saw a few Barry Sanders Score RC's graded PSA 9's for <$40. For the best RB to ever play the game I thought that seemed like a pretty good deal.

So I will chalk that up as my $50. My others would all be comics:

$5-WD 100 High Grade First Print

$10-UF 4 High Grade

$20-ASM 238 VF

$100-FF 45 VG

I need various Flashes that fall into those ranges, but probably not the answer you were looking for...

What's the first Mr Sinister up to nowadays? That would probably be the quick flip book du jour.

that book went back to pre-movie hype levels actually. I think it was on the news of another possible series reboot. 9.6 sems back to $80 or so with 9.8 around $160. Of course some stragglers didnt get the news and are still asking $200-300.

Right now my best buys for under $100 would be a power man #48 or #50 in 9.6, luckily I have both already.

qVLrNUZ.jpg

From the '90s? No. As far as I know, they're still printing them considering how many unopened boxes keep showing up for sale as cut prices.

Dammit

I'll wait another 20 years

Dammit

I'll wait another 20 years

Burn them. The only thing you'll get out of them is exercise.