• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Comics Discussion Thread !?!???!??!

26 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif

A general comics discussion thread actually about comics? NO %@$^!$% WAY! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Why do you like comics? What draws you towards them? Do you enjoy the stories, the art, or are you strictly in it for financial gain?

893whatthe.gif

A general comics discussion thread actually about comics? NO %@$^!$% WAY! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Why do you like comics? What draws you towards them? Do you enjoy the stories, the art, or are you strictly in it for financial gain?

The thing is, the entire Comics General section in whole is exactly what you are implying this thread should be. It has just been broken down into different threads covering various specific topics. But put them all together and it is just that, people talking about the exact questions you have asked above.

893whatthe.gif

The thing is, the entire Comics General section in whole is exactly what you are implying this thread should be. It has just been broken down into different threads covering various specific topics. But put them all together and it is just that, people talking about the exact questions you have asked above.

I agree, but I am pretty sure Hobby isn't interested in having those questions answered, but rather using them as a pretext for goading board members into another useless flame war. He seems to like the attention. confused-smiley-013.gif

893whatthe.gif

screwy.gif Ya think? When I see the threads out there, all I see are "Post your covers," "whos going to the con," and "happy birthday somebody." I've got no problems with threads like that, they're great in their own way. But they don't always discuss comics and collecting. poke2.gif

893whatthe.gif

screwy.gif Ya think? When I see the threads out there, all I see are "Post your covers," "whos going to the con," and "happy birthday somebody." I've got no problems with threads like that, they're great in their own way. But they don't always discuss comics and collecting. poke2.gif

Well i agree with you to a point. But if you really want to talk specific comics hobby the modern, silver and gold forums are good for that smile.gif This place is for comics too i know but that rule can be slackened a little by the use of the word General. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hob....just delve into the specific sub-forum you're interested in. There are tons of interesting threads in there.

Dammit you beat me to it *shakes fist* I take too long too type sorry.gif

Hob....just delve into the specific sub-forum you're interested in. There are tons of interesting threads in there.

Dammit you beat me to it *shakes fist* I take too long too type sorry.gif

yeah, well if anyone noticed, I didn't post anything for a good 4 or 5 days straight. mainly because I found nothing which interested me. so I started my own thread, is that so wrong?

BTW, since no one wants to answer my question, I guess I will....

I am becoming more fond of certain authors and artists recently, but not sure I'm to the point where I would only buy books because those creative teams were working on them. I still have to be able to love the characters.

For me, I enjoy reading about characters I love and can't get enough of. I love to see the everday real world problems that peter parker faces occasionally. I yearn to see just how powerful wally west may turn out to be in the DCU. And 3 of my favorite MU characters of all time now working together on the Avengers!? I can't get enough of that!

I use to be a speculator back in the 90's. Buying certain books just b/c I thought they may be worth something someday. Of course I was wrong 99% of the time. confused-smiley-013.gif I have since changed, and am not really into comics for financial gain. Sure I like to collect key issues of some of my favorite titles or characters, but those are for me and my personal enjoyment of just knowing they are a part of my collection. For now, all I want is to read, read, and read some more about my favorite comic characters and keep up with their adventures, regardless of who is writing the story or drawing the action.

I'm Hobgoblin, and that's my 2 cents.