• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Submitters. Question for you!

12 posts in this topic

Any of you have trouble with customs getting your comics back after you mail em in?

What do you do so they know its your own property comming back?

What procedures do you follow?

I aprehensive about submitting stuff because ive been burned by customs before.

Customs has never checked my CGC submissions. I guess fed-ex clears it with customs before it gets up here! So..don't worry! smile.gif

Yup - go the FedEx route as your return shipping option. I once sent some cards to SGC and thought I would go the cheaper USPS route. Nope! Got nicked with all kinds of customs nastiness.

Keep a copy of your Cgc submission invoice with u at all times just in case the Cda Customs inspectors want to see what is in your returned box of cgc comics. Never assume just b/c u had the parcel returned by fed ex that it will not be opened, searched, assessed importation taxes on the FULL declared/assessed value of your treasures. Some of the incoming returns from Cgc could be valued at $11k US per box. That is a lot of gst.

It sounds ridiculous, but they declare a value of the items on the customs slip. You can appeal the charge by submitting a letter explaining the items, invoice, etc. but it's a hassle. I noticed with FedEx shipments, they don't declare a high value (they can only insure a small amount anyway).

With Cgc returns to Cda, FULL value is declared on the waybill. My buddy had a box of approx. $5K US value signed for & shipped to his neighbor, Toys R Us. Good thing they don't have ex-prisoner working at Toys R Us like they do at Canada Post else he would never have got his cgc stash back. Unopened. No hi-grade missing. laugh.gif

Yo, the declared value is now a nominal $40. Why declare the full amount when only $500 could be insured. Yeah, I was lucky to get my books back from Toys R US! smile.gif

That's a crazy declaration of nominal value by fed ex. How long do u think they will hold the hi-grade at Cda Customs when they open up the box & see 2 long invoices with value that total up to $11k US worth of bks? We better learn to talk fast & be able to PROVE that we shipped the bks down to FL. Cgc for grading service only. Even the value of the slabbing service is greater than $40 /box. Gulp. U better believe they will be opening more boxes at the border as George W Bush is scheduled to visit Canada next week. Time to bomb the pacifists in Canada that have no funding for their military or navy.