• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This surely oughtta be worth more

24 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, cousin itt said:

That artist is Luis Avila (according to GCD).  That style reminds me of some artist from the 80s/90s... it's got a McFarlane vibe to it but I'm not sure if that's who I am thinking of.

I think it looks kinda late 80s Chaykin-ish. 

On 2/10/2017 at 5:17 AM, miraclemet said:
On 2/9/2017 at 10:27 PM, cousin itt said:

That artist is Luis Avila (according to GCD).  That style reminds me of some artist from the 80s/90s... it's got a McFarlane vibe to it but I'm not sure if that's who I am thinking of.

I think it looks kinda late 80s Chaykin-ish. 

Esteban Maroto, for me.

esteban maroto Picture 3.jpg

On 2/9/2017 at 9:34 PM, Readcomix said:

Interior, from the cover story, "Men are Unessential"

image_zpswfqnqlfn.jpeg

$2-3 sounds about right.  The composition is interesting and the artist has nice lines and such, but what makes this so special to you?  That sort of dialogue is pretty common in these 70s romance books.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

$2-3 sounds about right.  The composition is interesting and the artist has nice lines and such, but what makes this so special to you?  That sort of dialogue is pretty common in these 70s romance books.

Just that the cover seems like a quintessential example of the genre in that era...just as certain PCC and PCH books get a premium for standing out among their equally violent/gory peers. The cover just struck me. Plus, it's Carolyn's first appearance.

17 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Just that the cover seems like a quintessential example of the genre in that era...just as certain PCC and PCH books get a premium for standing out among their equally violent/gory peers. The cover just struck me. Plus, it's Carolyn's first appearance.

yes, carolyn's first appearance.  i dunno, i feel like there are a lot of uniquely hokey romance books that could get such special attention.  collectors only seem to care about the few books from this era that had lower print runs.  i collect romance books because i like the corniness, but I do so on a low budget.