• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE: His Friend Stole It! Rocket Firing Boba Fett Stolen From a Star Wars Museum
1 1

10 posts in this topic

From Rebelscum.com

I've just discovered my prototype Rocket Firing Boba Fett pictured above was stolen from the Star Wars museum at my workshop in Texas. It was sealed in an AFA case with rocket and certification. The photo above was taken by a guest in the last two weeks so the theft is recent. Detailed photos of the loose Fett are on our classic Kenner Boba Fett photo archive page. Needless to day, if anybody should hear anything about a Boba Fett like this floating around, please contact me.

Philip Wise of Rebelscum recently had his sample of the infamous Rocket Firing Boba Fett Kenner Prototype stolen.  Item was last seen in the Texas area.  Needless to say, this is a VERY high profile action figure and a grail amongst Star Wars collectors.  Some of us travel in all sorts of collecting circles so you never know.  

Personally, unless there is any evidence or leads on who took it or how item left the premises,  I do not see this showing up again for awhile.   If a collector took it, this could be like the Nick Cage Action 1 which disappeared for (what was it?) ten years.  If it was stolen to be sold, then it would show up eventually...

What a shame.  Sucks as a collector and there is an obvious sense of dread when you think something like that could happen to you. 

fett-proto-afa.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

Posted by Philip on February 11, 2017 at 12:26 PM CST
An update on my stolen Rocket-Firing Boba Fett prototype.

First, I'd like to sincerely give thanks to the massive amount of people, sites, forums, Facebook groups, etc, that helped get the word out.

In my early conversations with the police they advised doing this is the most important thing to do when something like this is stolen.

Because of the ongoing investigation of this, I can't say very much about it other than known facts.

I do have my Fett back in my possession.

A very honest person did see the news on the theft and he contacted me, even though it was a great financial risk to him as he had purchased it, but did not have possession of it yet.

To my very great shock, he purchased it from a trusted friend of mine, somebody known to many others in our community.

He admitted the theft, and returned it to me.

It was not the only thing he took from me, and I'm not the only person he took things from.

An arrest warrant was issued for Carl Cunningham in California and he has appeared and posted bail. It's a very serious grand theft felony arrest. 

The list of items taken by him he admits to includes a number of valuable unopened Master Replicas items from me, and at this point, it is unknown if there are more items he will admit to, or if he will admit to all of them. If you purchased something from Carl in the last two years, I'd appreciate your contacting me about it.

I'm posting this now because the number of people who know about this is growing with time and the investigation, and it's a problem not having the truth out there to everybody.

More info will come on this from me and others as time progresses.

lol

It doesn't end well. Causes further distrust around the community. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Yes, but at the same time, it may reinforce the idea in some other would-be thief's head that our globally-connected communities make it much more difficult to get away with something like this than it used to be. It's unfortunate that the thief put his friend through so much turmoil with his greed, but he's being made an example of in the community and has likely ruined his life in the process. Crime doesn't pay (tsk)