• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my ASM #11

14 posts in this topic

ASM #11

1' spine split bottom, bottom staple tear, small surface indentation - all other defects should be visible in the scan. Opinions welcome.

ASM11Front.jpg

ASM11Back.jpg

3.5? Ouch. That's pretty harsh in my opinion. I'd go with a 4.5.

Looks 4.5 to me too, but I took .5 off for the bottom staple being detached and another .5 off for the top spine area.

smile.gif

easy 4.0, maybe 4.5. All these flaws are allowed in this grade...you can have a detached staple on a 5.0 if memory serves correctly..

Roy.

easy 4.0, maybe 4.5. All these flaws are allowed in this grade...you can have a detached staple on a 5.0 if memory serves correctly..

Roy.

Yeah, "allowed" until you actually submit the book poke2.gif

3.5 sumo.gifgossip.gifat best gossip.gif

3.5? Ouch. That's pretty harsh in my opinion. I'd go with a 4.5.

Looks 4.5 to me too, but I took .5 off for the bottom staple being detached and another .5 off for the top spine area.

smile.gif

Agreed although it may be a 3.0.

Roy.

The bottom staple isn't detached but it is torn somewhat from the cover. A 1" spine split is allowed in the 4.0 grade in the Overstreet guide. For what it's worth, having the book in hand, I had it graded as a 3.5 as well, with a shot at 4.0 according to the grading guide. There's no significant creasing on the book which definitely helps the grade. Again, these books are awefully tough to call, as evidenced by some low to mid grade books I see come back from CGC. Thanks for the opinions,

Drew

Roy.

I'd have to agree on that one man. I think CGC would hammer this one.

Roy.

O.k. Prof....i still say 4.0 is do-able....good colour...probably good gloss....

Just my $.02...

Roy.

O.k. Prof....i still say 4.0 is do-able....good colour...probably good gloss....

Just my $.02...

Roy,

You might be right, but I think there is a little too much spine trauma going on around the lower staple FC to give it a straight VG. If this were a shade less . . . hi.gif

Estate find grade: "looks great for a 40 yr. old comic"

"I'm not a professional" grade: "the dealer I showed it to said it was in very fine condition"

Ebay small scan grade: 6.0

Ebay large scan grade: 5.0

Major dealer selling grade: 4.5

CGC grade: 4.0

CGC Forum grade: 3.5

Major dealer buying grade: 3.0

Estate find grade: "looks great for a 40 yr. old comic"

"I'm not a professional" grade: "the dealer I showed it to said it was in very fine condition"

Ebay small scan grade: 6.0

Ebay large scan grade: 5.0

Major dealer selling grade: 4.5

CGC grade: 4.0

CGC Forum grade: 3.5

Major dealer buying grade: 3.0

Very appropriate....sadly very true though.