• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winnipeg collection?

33 posts in this topic

The majority of the Winnipeg books are not "uber" high grade like the Bethlehem or White Mountian

collections.

Most are in the strict VF+ range with some dipping into F+ and NM. I did send some

back to Joe that I felt were a bit overgraded and it was no problem with Joe

(he was hardly in a position to complain- I hope he didnt invest that $ in tech stocks!)

Some of the books from the late 50's (about 10 of them) have a print stamp with

the name of the news stand where they were bought. They dont appear on the later

books. I dont know about you, but I have no problem with the stamp, it does not take

away from the glossiness or color of the covers. I actaully enjoy a date-store stamp, it gives the

book some historical importance!

Any other stories?....hmmmm, There was that time when I called an obscure ad in the

Comic Buyers Guide and got a complete high-grade run the 1st 20 issues of House of Secrets.

Not as exciting as the Winnipeg story, but a great find!

Bill

Yo, was there any reason why he used to have an US address? Hell, why does Tracy Heft have an US address? Cheap rent? confused.gif

The TOS 39 cgc 8.5 off white copy sold three weeks ago by Comic Link for $5000. The comic did not sell at the Heritage Auction last year and was offered at the post Heritage sale for $4375..I did not bid on it because of the writing on the cover. The scan is on the Comic Link site as well as the Heritage site.

I have no idea. I know Joe, but last saw him about 3 years ago. We had a telephone conversation and asked if he could come down and look at my collection. The only dealer in Winnipeg, that ever took any interest in what I had. Nobody else cares. frown.gif

Obviously, Tracy wants to appear more patriotic by having a business address on the USA side of the border. If your resto customer base is 90% American, u better be based in the land of the free. Also, less Canada Customs hassle with shipping cleaned & pressed books over the border.

Atlas Fan - I hope you stick around. While I collect pre-code horror now, I used to specialize in Atlas pre-code and pre-hero. Do you have a scanner? Can you scan a copy of that fax and post it or link to it? If you aren't sure how PM me and you can email it to me and I will link it.

I actaully enjoy a date-store stamp, it gives the book some historical importance!

We are NOT legion here...and some will laugh and call us names...but I and a select few others here feel the same way!

Wow! I cant believe that anyone would care enough to want to see that fax! I am most impressed! I will dig it up this weekend. It was several pages long.

I will also have to take a look at my ST 84, I will let you know what the grade is.

Its funny, but there are not alot of high-grade pre-hero Marvels on the census. I wonder why? I have not slabbed any of these books. I dont want to turn them into trading cards that I cant ever read again!