• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hate winning bidders that messages you right after the listing ends that they cannot pay
1 1

77 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, darkstar said:

You still eat the final value fees on shipping when you refund a buyer for combined shipping. 

Every time I've used refund part I got back a % of the amount refunded, although I don't always do the math, and I've only used it a handful of times since I started in Nov (just the one big round). 

Also, every time I've reduced price via the BO/BIN price from a bulk buyer to avoid the extra shipping charges, the fee was proportionately lower and I don't think I was penalized - although again, there was just a handful of these.  I'm not that big or active.

8 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

I am going through a non-paying winner right now. It has been almost a week since the auction ended on a $140 slab and I have messaged him several times with no response. He is an active seller currently on eBay so it vexes me a little that he didn't know what he was doing or didn't want the item. It was a best offer situation so I don't understand what is going on.  I guess I'll have to wait another week before filing a non-paying bidder claim. This will be my first issue with a sale in 10 years of eBay selling. 

6 hours ago, darkstar said:

Why wait? You can open an unpaid item case 2 days after the item sells. You can then close the case and get your fees back 4 days after opening it. 

Yeah, I can't do that without some time first.  I keep thinking the money is going to pop up in my PayPal account. I am going to give it a few more days. 

Just got this today from a best offer accepted yesterday.

"I forgot I bid on this and just purchased a new car...Please cancel my bid"

Guy must have short term memory loss as he made the best offer the previous night....what a hassle...

2 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Just got this today from a best offer accepted yesterday.

"I forgot I bid on this and just purchased a new car...Please cancel my bid"

Guy must have short term memory loss as he made the best offer the previous night....what a hassle...

Stuff like that I wouldn't accept.  Total bs.  I would message him and tell him to pay or it's an unpaid bidder claim would be opened. See what his response is. 

5 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Stuff like that I wouldn't accept.  Total bs.  I would message him and tell him to pay or it's an unpaid bidder claim would be opened. See what his response is. 

Buyers have all the power so I cancelled the purchase....good thing was I relisted it and within less than an hour sold it and it was paid for right away....

I've had three deadbeat winners in the past four days.  This is a terrible flaw in the eBay model.  Why not have a penalty for buyers who fail to pay?  Even if it is a "strike" system or short-term ban or something of that nature?

As far as I have been able to determine ebay does nothing at all, ever, about NPB's.  You can non pay hundreds or thousands of times.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

As far as I have been able to determine ebay does nothing at all, ever, about NPB's.  You can non pay hundreds or thousands of times.

Man, that's super-lame.  I guess it's time to start publicly identifying these losers.

2 minutes ago, Lego said:

Man, that's super-lame.  I guess it's time to start publicly identifying these losers.

The only slight repercussion is sellers like myself who block anyone with NPB strikes.

16 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Thank God I  don't  sell comics on eBay. I can't  imagine not following through with a purchase. 

I hate it when you sell a vampirella #1 10.0 sign by Frazetta with sketch by frazetta for $50 and buyer messages you they change they mind.

Edited by kav

34 minutes ago, kav said:

I hate it when you sell a vampirella #1 10.0 sign by Frazetta with sketch by frazetta for $50 and buyer messages you they change they mind.

Ill buy it ! what's your PayPal?  :banana:

Just now, oakman29 said:

Ill buy it ! what's your PayPal?  :banana:

dang second chance offer got it for $45