• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Daredevil #1

32 posts in this topic

lol!

Seriously, if you think it's a 2.0, just let me know why and I'll be happy.

I am just happy that the book is all in one piece (the staples go through the whole book, none of the pages, or the cover, are loose, and the cover is intact), so I am happy, just want to have an honest opinion on what you guys think!

Also, despite the scan, there are no tears in the cover, it's all in one piece, except there's like a 1/4 inch tear in the top part of the spine.

I definetly wouldn't say a 2.0. 2.0's can have huge pieces missing. At least this is complete; it's just a well worn copy. I'd say a 3.0-3.5 if the back is okay.

893censored-thumb.gif stop the presses, KoR and I agree on something! poke2.gif I think King is close on this one. I think a vg-vg would be in order. I would like to see the back cover to see if it is hiding anything sinister. I too would be glad to own that copy.

after a second look, i think that a g/vg is in order. One thing you might want to do is jack up the dpi on your scans Alberto. It looks a little pixelated in spots and is kinda hard to make out what is what. Still, a nice book, and one that should be cherished, and reread over and over!

Cool, still trying to figure out how to best scan comics to post on the board with the 150k limitation... I tried to go for bigger in size, anyone has any info on how to best scan comics for posting?

I definetly wouldn't say a 2.0. 2.0's can have huge pieces missing. At least this is complete; it's just a well worn copy. I'd say a 3.0-3.5 if the back is okay.

893censored-thumb.gif stop the presses, KoR and I agree on something! poke2.gif I think King is close on this one. I think a vg-vg would be in order. I would like to see the back cover to see if it is hiding anything sinister. I too would be glad to own that copy.

I think you're both wrong based perhaps, on a mis-reading of the grading guide. Just because a defect is allowable in a certain grade, doesn't mean that the ABSENCE of such defect, qualifies the book for a higher grade. In other words, a GD 2.0 doesn't HAVE TO HAVE a piece missing to earn its grade makepoint.gif

This is a common error made by many. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

after a second look, i think that a g/vg is in order. One thing you might want to do is jack up the dpi on your scans Alberto. It looks a little pixelated in spots and is kinda hard to make out what is what. Still, a nice book, and one that should be cherished, and reread over and over!

Oh and btw, there appear to be several pieces missing along the back spine . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

Explain to me the 2.5/3.0 then as Im a complete noob down in that area. As you know, i usually stay up in the vf or better area.

I also just got called a "mint freak", is that a bad thing 893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

Oh and btw, there appear to be several pieces missing along the back spine . . .

Where exactly do you see that?

I tried to look closely at the back cover, and didn't see any pieces missing. Could this be due to a poor scan job? Or what exactly do you mean by pieces missing? I look at it and it seemed intact, some creases and all, but it seemed to be intact?

I might just be a newbie and I don't know what you mean? laugh.gif