• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Daredevil #1

32 posts in this topic

Grading someones grail is tricky. gossip.gif

I would say 2.0/2.5 thumbsup2.gif

I would agree. With all the defects, it looks like it has discolored staples - I wonder what the inside looks like; perhaps some rust marks or similar discoloration. Regardless, it is still Daredevil #1 and I hope you enjoy it.

Grading someone's grail shouldn't be tricky!

Just be honest, personally I don't care, I am just happy I own it, I actually took the time to open it and read it (carefully, but still) and enjoy it, and since I don't plan on selling it, I'm cool!

I think it's a 3.5 or so. Nice book! Congrats on getting your grail.

screwy.gifme thinks you should look a little closer counselor 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I looked as closely at the pixellated scan as I could. If what Alberto says about those spine creases not being tears is true, I don't see anything that would drop the book below 3.5. If I saw a clearer scan I might change my opinion though. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think it's a 3.5 or so. Nice book! Congrats on getting your grail.

screwy.gifme thinks you should look a little closer counselor 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I looked as closely at the pixellated scan as I could. If what Alberto says about those spine creases not being tears is true, I don't see anything that would drop the book below 3.5. If I saw a clearer scan I might change my opinion though. confused-smiley-013.gif

sumo.gif <- this is me agreeing most forcefully, btw...

i was thinking 3 - 4. depending of course, on a clearer scan, and how well it presents in person, as opposed to a scan. not to mention indendations and such that don't tend to show up in scans

See Arex, we got the same opinion on this book and we said the same exact grade in the grading contest! What is this world coming to?!? 893whatthe.gif

To respond to divadrabnud; there doesn't have to be a piece missing to be lower grade, but if such a major defect is allowed as well as the normal spine wear then I don't think this warrants being such a low grade just because of heavy spine wear. You've probably seen the Action Comics #1 CGC 2.5 that had a huge piece of the front cover missing along with moderate spine wear and some soiling if I remember correctly. If all of that is allowed then I think this book should warrant in the range of 3.0-4.0 (I'd say 3.5). There are no major defects or anything that catch my eye; just in general nothing to warrant a grade that warrants heavy wear with serious defects. And look at that; I'm on the same page as FFB once again. Things are getting crazy around here. headbang.gif

See Arex, we got the same opinion on this book and we said the same exact grade in the grading contest! What is this world coming to?!? 893whatthe.gif

To respond to divadrabnud; there doesn't have to be a piece missing to be lower grade, but if such a major defect is allowed as well as the normal spine wear then I don't think this warrants being such a low grade just because of heavy spine wear. You've probably seen the Action Comics #1 CGC 2.5 that had a huge piece of the front cover missing along with moderate spine wear and some soiling if I remember correctly. If all of that is allowed then I think this book should warrant in the range of 3.0-4.0 (I'd say 3.5). There are no major defects or anything that catch my eye; just in general nothing to warrant a grade that warrants heavy wear with serious defects. And look at that; I'm on the same page as FFB once again. Things are getting crazy around here. headbang.gif

The Action #1 you are talking about is, I believe the longest running grading joke on these boards. Your other comments are irrelevant. 27_laughing.gif

You've probably seen the Action Comics #1 CGC 2.5 that had a huge piece of the front cover missing along with moderate spine wear and some soiling if I remember correctly.

Not that I normally get involved with these grading debates, but bringing THAT book up as some sort of shining example of the GD grade is NOT going to get you very far around here. It's been discussed and discussed and discussed and I literally don't think there's anyone here that agrees with the grade.

The grade is right there on the back 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe a 3.0 if you are lucky. Scan came out fine.

Dan

foreheadslap.gif How did I miss that! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif I agree.

What looked like chips to me in the large scan appear to be only stains, or maybe they are the unstained areas insane.gif

The Action #1 you are talking about is, I believe the longest running grading joke on these boards. Your other comments are irrelevant. 27_laughing.gif

...how are they irrelevant? popcorn.gif