• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guardians of the Galaxy Cover !!!
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I think that you may have just looked at it.

Burkey has this new corner box art cover and yet Joe still owes him that commission. Odd. it would be nice to hear if that story is over.

Edited by Bird

42 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

What exactly is going on here? I guess I'm still not familiar enough with all of the players.

I have no idea. It was pointed out in another of drfate's numerous threads that the piece was no longer on CAF but now on romitaman's site. This piece is no longer on CAF, but there is a Guardians cover on romitaman in the new section. I don't know if it's the same one or not, but it seems like another odd coincidence. 

I would just like to know why most of drfate's posts are solely new threads advertising 'cool new pieces' to his "collection" that quickly seem to turn up on other venues for sale, without a lot of participation elsewhere on the boards. Seems shilly or thinly veiled advertising. (shrug)

3 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

I have no idea. It was pointed out in another of drfate's numerous threads that the piece was no longer on CAF but now on romitaman's site. This piece is no longer on CAF, but there is a Guardians cover on romitaman in the new section. I don't know if it's the same one or not, but it seems like another odd coincidence. 

I would just like to know why most of drfate's posts are solely new threads advertising 'cool new pieces' to his "collection" that quickly seem to turn up on other venues for sale, without a lot of participation elsewhere on the boards. Seems shilly or thinly veiled advertising. (shrug)

I just took a look - here is the new Guardian's on Romitaman:

guardians9cov.jpg

I saw the cover that Dr. Fate posted, and it is definitely not the same... though as reported, the link no longer works. The one I recall seeing looked like a painted reproduction to me 2c

Edited by SquareChaos

On 2/25/2017 at 2:51 PM, lobrac said:

When is Jusko going to finish Mike Burkey's commission?

I'd sure like to know myself......  This summer will be 15 or 16 "YEARS" I've been waiting since I paid Joe in FULL up front (in John Buscema art he wanted from me) for our deal back then that we both agreed to.  I keep hoping Joe gets back to me.........

I send him an email once every 4-6 months, and I haven't gotten a reply from Joe since April 2016, when Joe got a little upset at me for asking (on these boards) why he was painting these beautiful Marvel corner box art pieces when he still owed me my piece?  To this day I still am very cordial when I email joe...... and I do believe Joe is a good guy ...just for whatever reasons... The fact still is........  I don't seem to be any priority for him which obviously makes me quite disappointed.  I've said countless times to Joe that i'll even take art he has already created just so we can finalize everything since he doesn't seem to have the time to do the very large specific painting we agreed to...... but I just don't get any responses back  unless i say something public. (which I really hate doing) I'm certainly open to any other suggestions for anyone out there who knows joe personally. :(

Edited by romitaman

....To help explain to those who are concerned about art that I've posted to my CAF gallery appearing elsewhere...Mike Burkey is a good friend of mine who introduced me to this hobby(addiction) many many years ago.  Mike and I have done many deals over the years and continue to do so.  Once I've moved on from a piece, i take it down from my CAF gallery...sometimes that occurs quickly, other times not.  The piece in question...a Jusko Guardians cover, was traded rather quickly to another collector, not Mike.  I also had an Art Adams Guardians cover that did go to Mike in a deal a short while ago.  I post pieces to the "net" to share acquisitions as well as network with other collectors and dealers.  Most of the art that I post to CAF, I consider as collection pieces.  IF I decide to sell something, I'll list it for sale in the FOR SALE subheading of my CAF.  All other art i post I consider as collection pieces...some deeper in the collection than others.  I learned long ago, to always listen should someone make overtures towards a piece, as it could lead to art that I might like more.  I would like to be clear that there is not anything subversive going on with my CAF art and art that ends up appearing later on Mike's site...and vice versa.  It's more like two buddies trading with one another, as many collectors have done over the years.  Jim

Edited by drfate

6 hours ago, romitaman said:

I'd sure like to know myself......  This summer will be 15 or 16 "YEARS" I've been waiting since I paid Joe in FULL up front (in John Buscema art he wanted from me) for our deal back then that we both agreed to.  I keep hoping Joe gets back to me.........

I send him an email once every 4-6 months, and I haven't gotten a reply from Joe since April 2016, when Joe got a little upset at me for asking (on these boards) why he was painting these beautiful Marvel corner box art pieces when he still owed me my piece?  To this day I still am very cordial when I email joe...... and I do believe Joe is a good guy ...just for whatever reasons... The fact still is........  I don't seem to be any priority for him which obviously makes me quite disappointed.  I've said countless times to Joe that i'll even take art he has already created just so we can finalize everything since he doesn't seem to have the time to do the very large specific painting we agreed to...... but I just don't get any responses back  unless i say something public. (which I really hate doing) I'm certainly open to any other suggestions for anyone out there who knows joe personally. :(

That is insanity - I know I only have one side of this story, but... I wouldn't even consider a commission with Joe based on hearing a story like this.