• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics You Didn't Know Existed Until You Found Them...
1 1

41 posts in this topic

Let's show your favorite books you found by "accident" while searching boxes of comics in a store or at a show and immediately had to have...These would be books you had never seen before and did not search out.  Here's a few of my accidental finds:

20458355363_a2a10861cd_c.jpg

16358188870_f2c876e682_c.jpg

16545018292_2835d2b19c_c.jpg

16520096766_e1aeb2b1b4_c.jpg

16573541532_b6ba388eb0_c.jpg

16544401361_0130b99454_c.jpg

15922987644_149ec9d584_c.jpg

15925931593_3dcca273f0_c.jpg

16519717596_80760fb50f_c.jpg

16358067888_be688276f3_c.jpg

16543851831_a8f3f74aaa_c.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian

Ordered this from Metropolis about 8 years ago, I figured the listing was a typo for Adventures of Peter Wheat #43. There wasn't even a scan, but the book was cheap.   Overstreet still only lists Peter Wheat News to #30, and back then the GCD did the same.  So I, quite literally, did not know the book existed until I had it in my hand, and was happily surprised to discover an unlisted book.  Mind you, the title has been driving me crazy- over the last 8 years I've found (and won) exactly 11 complete issue, and 15 with just the comic pages:

PWN_43.jpg

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

Ordered this from Metropolis about 8 years ago, I figured the listing was a typo for Adventures of Peter Wheat #43. There wasn't even a scan, but the book was cheap.   Overstreet still only lists Peter Wheat News to #30, and back then the GCD did the same.  So I, quite literally, did not know the book existed until I had it in my hand, and was happily surprised to discover an unlisted book.  Mind you, the title has been driving me crazy- over the last 8 years I've found (and won) exactly 11 complete issue, and 15 with just the comic pages:

PWN_43.jpg

I guess that's pretty cool, and I've never heard of that title...until now...(thumbsu

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Fight 37 is awesome.  

I "found" this in a JimJum thread. Thought it was cool so picked it up  

IMG_1969.jpg

I bet you sold it too...huh?  Didn't ya?  Huh? lol

HH Wolfman had that Fight 37 on the wall of his shop in Mesa, AZ.  I'd never seen it before, so naturally I had to buy it.  I can't believe he was selling it...he usually keeps all the good stuff for himself.

Edited by tricolorbrian

While I am familiar with the TNMT comics (though I didn't buy them when they were coming out in the 80s), I didn't know anything about this until I saw it in the cheap-o box...along with 6 more copies.  I am a little shocked the LCS didn't know what it was either.  Indeed, I shoved them in a box and didn't dig them up until 5 years later when I saw they were worth something!  Every single one, unfortunately, has a big spine tick near the top where the issue stuck out from the other comics in the box because this is taller (and wider) than a regular comic.  Indeed, I think it is even too long for many magazine backing boards.

Edit: OOOPS!  I didn't realize this was in the Gold thread!  I guess this was the Golden Age of TNMT...

raphael.JPG

Edited by the blob

15 hours ago, tricolorbrian said:

Cool cover.  I bet it was cheap too...LCS' usually don't know about that kind of stuff.  I found a Teenage Romances #33 (with a Baker cover) in an LCS about 10 years ago for $12...

Yep. I traded for it, but he only had $25 on it. And my photo does not do it justice. Other than the lower left crease and very slight roll upper left, the rest of it is flat, bright, and clean.