• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A novice question regarding Spidey comics

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals,

Quick question for all you lovely peeps.

I'm brand new to the comic world and have recently come upon copies of 'The Amazing Spider-man' issues 361, 362, and 363. These are the issues containing Carnage's first appearance, who happens to be my favorite villain. I've read and enjoyed them(CAREFULLY) and in my humble opinion, they are of great quality...with the exception of some minor tears across the bottom of a couple of pages inside. Frustrating as this is, I can only assume this to be natural through print.

My question is whether there is any promise of value for these issues and whether I should have them graded?

Many thanks 

57 minutes ago, ColinC said:

My question is whether there is any promise of value for these issues and whether I should have them graded?

As long as they are still making Spider-Man movies and they decide to re-visit Venom...there is a very good promise of value.

But I would recommend posting good clear scans in the "Please Grade My" section.

What bababooey said. On ASM 361 MOST copies - nearly all - have cuts/tears along the bottom edge. If you look on eBay, you'll see most of the CGC 9.8's listed have these tears.  I sent in 13 copies a few months ago and only one did NOT have the tears. Most came back 9.8 with a few 9.6's and one 9.0. 

If the book is in high grade, ASM 361 is worth getting graded and slabbed. 362 and 363 not so much. 

2 hours ago, ColinC said:

Hey guys and gals,

Quick question for all you lovely peeps.

I'm brand new to the comic world and have recently come upon copies of 'The Amazing Spider-man' issues 361, 362, and 363. These are the issues containing Carnage's first appearance, who happens to be my favorite villain. I've read and enjoyed them(CAREFULLY) and in my humble opinion, they are of great quality...with the exception of some minor tears across the bottom of a couple of pages inside. Frustrating as this is, I can only assume this to be natural through print.

Many thanks 

There has been rumors for years of a Venom and Carnage live-action movie,so the odds are they will go up in value. :wishluck: